• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I GOT MY NEW ENGINE(Pic's added)

Desert Rat

Well, my '67 has the single piston. I could be wrong, but the tag says '66 on it. That's all I know besides seeing single piston compressors on older units like mine.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My last truck had a depot rebuild in 91 and it had the 2 cyl air compressor. I bought a couple of old trucks from GL that had obviously not been running in a long while and they both had the single cylinder. My current truck only had 580 miles on a new or rebuilt motor and it has the 2 cyl version. I dont know for sure but I would think the 2 cyl is the newer version. Seems like a better design.

rmgill

Is spooge around the head like that at the rear indicative of a bad head gasket or is there always a touch of leakage and slobber?

Desert Rat

BFR,

With almost 40K miles I believe it's safe to say she's broken in well. I got her with less than 20K.