• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I GOT MY NEW ENGINE(Pic's added)

Desert Rat

Well, my '67 has the single piston. I could be wrong, but the tag says '66 on it. That's all I know besides seeing single piston compressors on older units like mine.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My last truck had a depot rebuild in 91 and it had the 2 cyl air compressor. I bought a couple of old trucks from GL that had obviously not been running in a long while and they both had the single cylinder. My current truck only had 580 miles on a new or rebuilt motor and it has the 2 cyl version. I dont know for sure but I would think the 2 cyl is the newer version. Seems like a better design.

rmgill

Is spooge around the head like that at the rear indicative of a bad head gasket or is there always a touch of leakage and slobber?

Desert Rat

BFR,

With almost 40K miles I believe it's safe to say she's broken in well. I got her with less than 20K.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks