• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

Trying to get some little stuff done this weekend. Life has been getting in the way lately, wife had knee surgery, grandkids, small vacation, work, and so on.

The older I get the less free time I seem to have.

Another Ahab

Trying to get some little stuff done this weekend. Life has been getting in the way lately, wife had knee surgery, grandkids, small vacation, work, and so on.

The older I get the less free time I seem to have.
Sure hope that Mama heals up strong and fast:

- the bad news is needing to have something like that done.

- the good news is living in a world and a place where people know how to do that kind of thing, and do it real well.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom,

Prayers for your wife's speedy recovery. The Goat is important but no where near as important as the wife and grandkids. And if you get finished then what would you have to do?

combat32

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes,

Mark when I get done with this I'll probably buy another basket case and start again, I got a tip on a Burma jeep that is a scrapheap and missing almost evervthing!

snow2pwc

Just read through the whole string and anxious to hear about the completion.....

I have the m561 and the M792 and have done most of this at one time or another.

combat32

Got yard work to do today, moving out the remains of 2 M37 parts trucks I have had for several years, they are going to a good home and will help bring back another M37 that belongs to a friend of mine.

Just a FYI, a member of my club has a Goat for sale, if interested shoot me a pm and I can forward you the details and pics. Nice project truck and the price is right I think,

combat32

I have been super busy for the last few months, in my line of work its our busiest time of year. And then of course some other little projects popped up that got me sidelined.

I have gotten a few small things done, hope to get back up to speed soon.

combat32

I found a Gamma Goat very near me on craigslist, going to check it out tomorrow. It may only be a parts rig, but could be useful. I will update with some pics.

combat32

Ok here are the pics. No data plate but from looking at the exhaust i would guess it is a M792. Bumper numbers say it last belonged to 210 FA from the old 197 INF brigade at Ft. Benning Ga.

It is fairly complete, engine is not stuck but im pretty sure the rack is.Both the engine and t case are rebuilds. It has a tailgate, sort of, pretty rotten.

Im gonna pass on it, it would only be a parts truck for me and is priced too high for that, for me anyway.

This is the first goat i have seen that has an AOAP sample valve on it.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Thanks for posting Tom, wish mine had been in that good of shape when I started. Looks like a M715 and M114 hiding in the back ground.

Last edited:

combat32

Thanks for posting Tom, wish mine had been in that good of shape when I started. Looks like a M715 and M114 hiding in the back ground.
There is also a mighty mite, nice early one with no engine, i may come back for the 715, but i leave tomorrow for Hawaii for 3 weeks to visit my son who is stationed there with 25th ID. So a little vacation, then back to work on the goat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks