• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's called "owning armor." If it was affordable everyone would have some. Also the primary reason I don't own any.

combat32

I reckon you are correct, i be too po. I remember the cost of replacement and repair parts on the Bradley, 113 and M1.
On a bad day you could spend 150k before you left the motorpool. Heck each vision block on an M3 Bradley was 1,100 bucks.

combat32

Saw this M102 howitzer at the 25th ID museum at Schofield barracks. Sure would look nice behind the goat. Wonder if they would miss it?

No Goats on display here that i have found, but i know they had them here back in the day.

Attachments

Another Ahab

I think i found the only Gamma Goat in Hawaii. 1973 dated M561, fairly complete.

Its located behind hangar 79 at the pacific aviation museum on Ford island at pearl harbor.
Outstanding!! Great investigative work.
Excellent job. Worthy of a Steel Soldiers decoration very likely, only....

- There's No Such Thing!

So in the powers not vested in me, here's the next best thing.

Good work, and Congratulations!

good for a drink.jpg

combat32

Forgot too much stuff, i was in a big hurry to get the motor stabbed in late last year. And i forgot i was missing some bolts in the e brake drum, dont know how they went mia but were gone when i got the truck. I bet it was some lazy sp/4 mechanic in a hurry to get done. I better fix it now.

Attachments

combat32

Learned something new, i guess. Original flange on the left, only has 4 bolts, I thought the others had broke off, not so. Looks like it only ever had 4, replacement on the right that I took off one of my old spare t- cases. I'm this far so gonna replace it anyway, I think 8 is better than 4 for the main driveline, but maybe I did all this for nothin. Perhaps it was an upgrade of some sort, rebuild?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks