• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

Finally making noise and smoke! Still got a few little problems, small oil, water and fuel leak but I am pretty happy to hear it run. Probably her first extended run in 30 years, this engine anyway.

combat32

I got leaks, lots of leaks! But I got my reverse issue fixed now I can back up, took a tour around the yard. First time she has driven under her own power for I don't know how long but first time for me. I actually drove it up into my driveway to work on it today, replaced the short hose and seal from oil cooler to the port in the side of the block.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

Oil pan is leaking and I got a leak at the gear case cover on the back of the motor, got her up to operating temp today and got my antifreeze in so should be good for winter. Got a small fuel leak too I think at the return fuel line connection got to track that down

Attachments

m38inmaine

Great to hear she is moving under her own power. I changed out those hoses while the engine was out, boy those must have been fun. Keep up the good work.

combat32

Still trying to make progress before winter gets in the way. I got fuel leaks stopped, water leak fixed and now have antifreeze in. It's been a struggle with some electrical gremlins, alternator is shot, so sourcing a new one. And I couldn't get my oil pressure gauge to read anything, so went to the troubleshooting section of the -20 and finally tracked it down to a bad gauge. So I reinstalled my old one for now, it's ugly but it works.

Attachments

combat32

got a couple of new tires inbound so I started breaking down a couple of old crappy ones to get the rims ready, first one broke down way to easy, bet the second one won't be that nice.:roll:

Attachments

combat32

Some more tire and rim clean up work today, the wheels look nice on the inside, just got to wire wheel where the lock ring goes. I broke down my spare today to change the valve stem as it was bent and leaking. I popped it off the bead on one side, replaced the valve stem and aired her back up, popped right on with no problems. Goat wheels are way easier than a deuce or m37.

Mark I accidently bought the right valve stem the original is a 515.

This spare don't look great but should do the job, still waiting on my 2 new tires.

Attachments

combat32

Got two nos tires, i didn't even know Denman made goat tires. I thought they were all goodyear and united.

Thanks to my good friend m38inmaine we each got two of these tires, sidewalls are collapsed down from being stacked for years but are in excellent shape. I put in two deuce tubes for now to hopefully get the sidewalls back in shape so I can get them mounted up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom,

The parts elves should be making a delivery soon of your parts wish list. Nice to have friends in low places for the small stuff.

You might have this thing done by the time you retire. ;-)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, if i don't finish it before i die, wife is gonna put me in it and set it on fire, I'll go out like a viking!
You have a pond or lake to float it out in first? Make sure she puts the drain plugs in though or it'll be more "burial at sea."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks