• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

m38inmaine

Tom, while I was cleaning out my spare carrier I found a handful of engine cover slats, I think you said you were missing some. A good tig welder could easily replace them.

combat32

Small update, should have motor back here at my fort Monday, will try to fire it off then. I need to order a new crossover cable from Saturn before I put the motor back in the truck.

m38inmaine

While you are waiting for them to arrive try soaking the stuck one in some type of solvent for a couple of days to see if the rack frees up.

m38inmaine

Package is on it's way, wish I could make it go faster! Try soaking the stuck one in laquer thinner or acetone and see if the rack will free up, it should just be gummy fuel holding it in place. AMgeneral was able to free his up perhaps you can consult with him.

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Tom, I measured 11 3/8 from center of governor pin to center of rack pin, picture is how I measured it. It was my experience that I could not remove or install the rod with the head bolt nearest the governor in place, not enough clearance. Mark in TX may still have his if it did not get launched into the scrap bin or modified for his LMTV. Even with the head bolt removed it was tight, good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

Good news today, everything is back together on the engine. It will be back at my my fort on the 22nd, we will ground hop it then.
Will try to get some video, hopefully not of pistons flying through the air.

Another Ahab

Good news today, everything is back together on the engine. It will be back at my my fort on the 22nd, we will ground hop it then.
Will try to get some video, hopefully not of pistons flying through the air.
I know for sure that you wouldn't be happy with a video like that.
But it WOULD have its own entertainment value for some of the rest of us. :popcorn::mrgreen::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks