• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I started bobbing too

I have a good running, working deuce, and then I have a parts deuce with a nice frame and a broken axle housing. I'm bobbing parts deuce and swapping my motor/trans into it.

Phil (python86) has been helping me out A LOT with an extra hand, his OCD-ness at measuring and remeasuring, tools, and technical know-how. I'm just a guy with a few tools, a couple ugly trucks, and a BFH.

Pictures of me getting it jacked up and on blocks, and also my HF 3/4" drive socket set that helped with a couple of the dogbones

Attachments

Last edited:
First pic here is with the first axle out from under the truck!

Second pic is after all the rivets were ground off of the plate. I used a pickle fork to drive between the frame and plate so I could do what I did in the...

Third pic is after I used my 20 ton bottle jack to push between the frame crossmember and the suspension's "axle." I did a little dance once I got this far.

Fourth pic is the next day when I finished the other side

Fifth pic was out of spite for that stupid suspension, I decided to chop it in half with my portable band saw

Attachments

PropDr

Got any close up pictures of the broken housing? I would love to see how it failed.

Hope your build up goes smooth.

Last edited:

oddshot

... Second pic is after all the rivets were ground off of the plate ...
Man ... there's a LOT of rivets in these things ain't there!

The pickle fork is a good idea.

I saw here someplace somebody suggested using an axe!

I did mine with a couple of big chisels and some splitting wedges.

Lookin' good ... keep at it.

oddshot

I sprayed some rustoleum primer today. It said it was for clean, lightly rusty, or painted metal. I hit everything I painted with a wire wheel on the angle grinder first to knock off any loose paint, any rust, etc. I think I'm going to eventually paint the entire frame and undercarriage black, because the truck is going to end up being tan.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If I bob one, I'm thinking about running a four link setup with airbags. Like they did on xtreme4x4. Or at least two long ladder bars/control arms with bags.

Anything fancy like that or just the M105 spring setup?

TJP

Great pics keep them coming I hope to start mine this summer. All the pics and info can only help some of use thru the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks