• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want a deuce

Preacherboy

I test drove one Saturday, and realized there is no turning back. My wife had hoped that once I drove one that I might not like it. I am selling guns, looking for a second part time job, fixing up my Silverado to sell, and trying to convince my wife that it is ok to have a military truck.

She says a new camera for her is more important, so I am looking for one of those for her too! It is going to be a big hurdle to "sell" this purchase to my wife, she thinks it is ridiculous. If you have any ideas to help me in this process let me know!

She took pictures when I was test driving, I'll try to post them later on.

Big CASE

just tell her that
1. there cheep on insurance
2. there cheep on fuel because they can run on use oil.
3. there cheeper than NEW car or truck
4. I WANT ONE !!!!
LOL:-D

mhassett

Let her be a part of the decision process, and have her help you decide whayou want.
Tell you want an MV or a girl friend.
Either way you win
mhassett

Preacherboy

She went with me on the test drive (refused to ride in the truck though) and I have explained to her about the fuel, that we can haul things for friends, and if there is a flood we can drive through it. It may be a several year argument, but I hope she will eventually cave in!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well the majority of wifes on here help an encourage us to collect trucks.. but some i see will never be brought over to the green side..... its a toss up... but i do remember the first mv i bought almost 30 years ago... and my wife wasnt all that happy... but now she loves to ride all over as long as its not to far:-D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tell her you understand getting a camera, so she can re-live all the precious moments with you(blech, thats gay!). Then ask her why no army truck?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief man, get her a Canon SureShot for a couple hundred bucks and then get the truck.

I am getting my 30 foot semi-trailer towed to the house in two days and she said it had to go in the barn. No problem I said but if the ground isn't frozen it won't make it. I then followed it up with, "I can get something to move it myself" and she promptly said okay.

Now I'm sort of looking for and 818.

:)

sw

srodocker

my gf says ok to m818's she likes those...doesnt like the m35....i dont have enough for a m818 shoot...i barley have enough for a m35...oh and she likes the tan over the camo...we live in west wa state no tan over here.

jimm1009

Just remind her of all the flowers and mulch and other girly stuff that you can haul for her whenever shee needs you too.
I planted a new flower bed and "had to get some framing timbers" and that clinched it for me.
:twisted:

Jimm1009

Truckie

My wife may never figure out why I bought my deuce, I went with the "beg for forgiveness" route. I haven't had to sleep in it yet! She named it the "big ugly tonka truck" (BUTT) and wants me to paint it yellow (not gonna happen).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks