• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was Stuck in the mud

rickf

I remember one a couple years ago where a recovery was going bad and the guy needed help on the road. People were networking like crazy to get help to him and one member even drove hours only to find he had moved on without notice. He never even updated OR thanked anyone for getting him home. I remember those people. While I would never turn anybody down for help, even him, I will not hustle as fast for sure.

Mudrunner923

Sorry I couldn't get the pictures to you guys sooner.. We were out there all day and night until a log skidder came along to pull me out!
I wouldn't drop out on you guys! This website has been so helpful for any type of repairs and information on my truck! I don't know where I would "move along" to if I didn't use this site. Thanks for everyone's help! I'm so relieved to be out of that hole!
image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (4).jpgimage.jpgimage (8).jpgimage (6).jpg

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing in pics #3 and #4 how the ground looks behind that (stuck)truck I wonder how you even made it that far...?

G.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wash rack and maintenance time! Skidders are beasts it's amazing on what they can do, glad he came along and got you out. I went ahead and changed the thread title a little.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wash rack and maintenance time! Skidders are beasts it's amazing on what they can do, glad he came along and got you out. I went ahead and changed the thread title a little.
Yep there is going to be more time spent servicing it than getting it out , if done correctly.

Last edited:

bonedoc

I'm sure we all have seen some sloppy holes in our time but that one definitely ranks up there as one of the worst!! Dam...I spent a number of years running heavy equipment and skidders. That one is huge and has dually wheels as well, looks as if it walked you right out!! Amazing what they can pull.

Mudrunner923

Seeing in pics #3 and #4 how the ground looks behind that (stuck)truck I wonder how you even made it that far...?

G.

G.
The truck was going through there just fine pulling out 4x4 pickups and jeeps from a 4x4 group until I wanted to get back on dry land.. I sure won't be going back there to pull anyone out again any time soon!

Rusty Nut

Wow- that looks like some sticky muck. Glad you got out of that mess. Once you are that deep, the undercarriage is just a plow. Try to use 2 tow points- one from each side of frame. Bet you slept real good after all that.

Thanks for the pics.

Mudrunner923

I am surprised no one mentioned not to use low transfer case in reverse.
I read about that somewhere on this site so I didn't try it. Didn't need to make anymore problems for myself! The truck doesn't like to go into low to begin with for some reason.. Easy to put the t-case in neutral but difficult to put back into high or low.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks