• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was Stuck in the mud

Bulldogg

Wow glad to see you got out with no harm done!! That makes me think I need a wrecker in case I swamp mine. (gives me another reason to buy another truck) Don't think my MX240 tractor will be enough. Once again glad your out and safe, thanks for the pics ...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow glad to see you got out with no harm done!! That makes me think I need a wrecker in case I swamp mine. (gives me another reason to buy another truck) Don't think my MX240 tractor will be enough. Once again glad your out and safe, thanks for the pics ...
You don't have to have an excuse for a wrecker, you just need one. Get one.

rickf

You said one side rear was on hard ground, I don't see any hard ground anywhere near there. Someone taking another 5 ton in there to pull you out probably would have resulted in TWO trucks in need of recovery. I think you have now found out that the bigger the vehice that is stuck, the bigger the recovery vehicle needs to be.

Bulldogg

Yea that's true I just got my M923 and love it cant wait till I get a wrecker now!! But also true the bigger the vehicle stuck the bigger the recovery vehicle needs to be!! Have fun cleaning it I know the feeling, but it was always worth it!

Bulldogg

Yea that's true I just got my M923 and love it cant wait till I get a wrecker now!! But also true the bigger the vehicle stuck the bigger the recovery vehicle needs to be!! Have fun cleaning it I know the feeling, but it was always worth it!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well NOW the job WILL be pulling ALL 6 hubs to make sure NO water or mud leaked into the bearings, clean, repacking bearings and putting things back together, this little project might keep you from getting stuck again by making you remember what comes AFTER being stuck in the mud, think you WILL realize that playing in the mud is not worth it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm very careful with even my deuce going through deep mud if there's not a good anchor point for the winch nearby. It takes something to get these big trucks out and most of the time you're the biggest truck at the party.

It is funny how you can spend all day pulling pickups and jeeps out of the mud but they will scatter like a covey of quail when you get stuck.

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew I needed a reason to add a wrecker to my wish list. I thought blackjack mud was hard on a CJ2. I can only imagine what it will do to a 5ton.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm very careful with even my deuce going through deep mud if there's not a good anchor point for the winch nearby. It takes something to get these big trucks out and most of the time you're the biggest truck at the party.

It is funny how you can spend all day pulling pickups and jeeps out of the mud but they will scatter like a covey of quail when you get stuck.
One the rare occasion that I get to go wheel in a non-rally situation, I do exactly the same thing. I am constantly looking for something that is within reachable distance that is strong enough to hook to.

A couple of times I've been invited to go wheeling with my Land Rover buddies (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?117892-Offroading-at-Durhamtown-w-MV-s-(pics-videos)). The Rovers are waaaaay lighten than a deuce, so when you get suck, you better make sure you have a plan to self-recover because at that point, all your buddies are spectators.

JeffJanes

Glad to see you made it out. A guy I work with was apparently out there helping dig it out and showed me some pics. I'm not far from there (about 20mins) in Cottageville, if you need help again let me know. It will give me an excuse to go out and play with the deuce :driver:. I'll PM you my number if you want, as i'm not as active on the forum to respond quickly.

Mudrunner923

Glad to see you made it out. A guy I work with was apparently out there helping dig it out and showed me some pics. I'm not far from there (about 20mins) in Cottageville, if you need help again let me know. It will give me an excuse to go out and play with the deuce :driver:. I'll PM you my number if you want, as i'm not as active on the forum to respond quickly.
What was his name? We had quite a few people out there towards the end but I'll probably remember him. And if I could get your number that would be great if I ever get stranded again (but I think I learned my lesson this time)! Do you have any cool places that you drive your deuce? I'm always looking for some new trails to drive on..

If you are ever bored and want to come out to a 4x4 meet let me know!

JeffJanes

What was his name? We had quite a few people out there towards the end but I'll probably remember him. And if I could get your number that would be great if I ever get stranded again (but I think I learned my lesson this time)! Do you have any cool places that you drive your deuce? I'm always looking for some new trails to drive on..

If you are ever bored and want to come out to a 4x4 meet let me know!
His name is Tyler, not sure of last name. Not very many trails that I know of that are public/legal, mostly a powerline or bog here and there. Still learning the operation/capability of the deuce, so I haven't taken it in real nasty areas yet. I pmed you my number let me know when ya'll have another meet and I might be able to show up and have some fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks