• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're still waitin on EUC

fmtrucking

Just an update
If you won anything from auction 4495 way back on 7-31-09. Spoke to GL just now and they are showing only a few EUC's have come back on this particular auction and there are quite a few still pending. Ones that have come back are almost 45 since sent to BC. Got 4 more days then my 45 days are up.

bryan70546

StatusDateSubmission of EUC Pending09/21/2009EUC revisions requested from Customer09/23/2009EUC sent to Battle Creek09/24/2009
Not bad for my first time now all i have to do is wait a little more:-D

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still waiting on 4495 EUC to clear.

I was talking with GL on another order to comfirm that the payment was received. During this talk, I asked them if they had heard anything about my EUC for sale 4495. Their comment was that sometimes it takes up to 45 days to clear...They then stated the EUC dates pending/revison needed/sent to BC. They then stated that the paperwork was sent out 4 days later...I asked and they repeated the same info.

Makes me think that they wait until a certain day to send ALL of the EUC's. One day a week to send the stuff to BC? Does this make sense? Really has me wondering.

If you get a Senator involved with a Govt agency, that agency has 72 hours to respond to the Senator IN WRITING of the status of wahtever they are asking about. Yes, they do drop everything to answer. USCG is notorious for taking their own time to issue licenses, meanwhile you loose jobs, benfits, etc while waiting.

Just my 2cents

mahdey

SO, i just got off the phone with GL, and talked to a very nice lady that is originally from the area my parents are from. So we get to know each other and i ask her some questions about the whole euc process. She said they have to review the applications very thoroughly, even a comma that is off on your name will get you denied. After that it is all battle creek. Battle creek she said takes thier sweet time and in a lot of cases will send out "one load" at a time to gl to notify they have been approved. She says it sucks pretty much "in so many words" becuase they get the brunt of every complaint.

1qwkgoat

I was very pleased with the way GL (heidi and Brandi) handled my EUC. Once I emailed it(9:00am) I got on live chat Heidi confirmed she had gotten it. At noon I got a email from Brandi for a revision. I made the revision and sent it back she confirmed she got it and when I checked at 4:00 pm my status had changed to "Sent to the Black Hole" where some paper work goes and never returns:-x

Then began the 41 day wait for B.C to approve me. From what i have heard B.C. sends your information out to other agencies for part of the background check. So I guess B.C. itself isnt totally to blame.

The system used does suck though and is in need of change. There are methods out there now that provide much faster results. Such as the system used when buying a gun. Until they adopt a new system the process for first time EUC's is going to be absurdly slow

Ironhorse

Maybe I'm just very lucky, but......

Won a truck last Thur., emailed EUC Fri morning, got paid in full invoice today less than a week later.

Can't explain it, but I'm not complaining.

Carl_in_NH

Both GL and BC are doing a good job at the moment. I won an MEP-003A genset Thursday, filled out and faxed the EUC to GL Friday morning. Status changed to "sent to BC" Friday afternoon. I'm out at dinner tonight (Tuesday) and get an email indicating my paid-in-full invoice is ready for downloading. Not too shabby - three business days from "submit" to "customer notified". This was my third EUC in three months.

JAYHAWK 1962

obviously the first one takes the most amount of time, once you get into the system it is probably just rubberstamping the forms. my case and point i bought 5 items over the course of 45 days. all of the euc's came back the same day the longest was 45 days the shortest a week. go figure

Carl_in_NH

I really don't understand it. Mine have taken 9, 7, and 3 working days, respectivly. I really expected a long delay on the first one - but they did it in short order.

Wonder if it has to do with how easy it is to check on someone's background? For instance, if you're an old timer like me, you've got a history for 30 or more years buying cars, houses, paying taxes, and just generally living your life and leaving a paper trail. Any govenrment agency could see your history quite easily. If you're young, perhaps just entering college and purchasing your first thing from the govenrment - maybe even your first purchase that leaves some paper trail - they would have a harder time verifying that you are who you say you are.

That doesn't explain people that are in buisness and have been leaving a paper trail that suffer long delays, however.

Perhaps we'll never know why, and random processing times just simply are the way of things.

nhdiesel

The 2 trucks I'm purchasing are my 6th & 7th purchases from GL, although its been nearly 2 years since my last purchase. Even so, with computer technology, you would think I'd still show up as a repeat customer in their system. I'm 38 years old, and nothing on my record that would interest them. Its been 34 days since I submitted the first EUC I'm waiting for, part of that time was dealing with them not informing me of a change that had to be made (signing the export letter, even though I'm not exporting anything). The 2nd one I'm waiting for at least went to BC quickly, its been 2 weeks as of tomorrow.

The frustrating part is that some people get theirs back so quickly. I've already seen where a couple people have picked up their trucks from the same auction I won 2 weeks ago, while I (and many others) are still waiting to receive our EUC from an aution over a month ago.

Typical govt., do things at their leisure, and inconsistently.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks