• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're still waitin on EUC

velociT

Just found out that GL changed their waiting period on an EUC from 45 days till 60 days. Revised their rules/regulations on Oct. 2, 2009 and are saying this new time frame is retroactive. Changing the rules as they go along.
Great.

At least I should have my truck by christmas....

1qwkgoat

At least GL's allowed time frame now matches the actual amount of time it may take battle creek to approve your EUC. The wait still sucks though. It does however improve your odds of getting the item vs. the sale being canceled

kurt802

The change from 45 to 60 days will allow me a chance to get my truck. At this point I was expecting the "letter" Maybe there is a lot to check for some of us. I held an FFL up until a few years ago and had secret clearance when I was in the Guard. I can't see failing any background check unless that speeding ticket I got last year is holding things up:roll:

nhdiesel

It sounds like a typical govt solution to a problem- extend the waiting time instead of streamlining the EUC process. It takes less time than this to do a background check to meet the President than to buy a 40 year old truck.

Jim

jimm1009

It depends on if you want to sell them to someone else who may want to register them or if you want to register them.
If they were being diassembled for parts and never to be driven on the road then NO.
Most states will not title them without an SF-97 which is the starting point for the title process.
jimm1009

xmission

It depends on if you want to sell them to someone else who may want to register them or if you want to register them.
If they were being diassembled for parts and never to be driven on the road then NO.
Most states will not title them without an SF-97 which is the starting point for the title process.
jimm1009

Thanks. I want to register them so that I can use them myself. At one point do you file this form? Should I wait for EUC approval?

stumps

Hi All,

First Deuces. Do I need to file an SF97?

Thanks

Dan
The problem with GL and SF97's is GL buys the item from the US Government, and the US Government issues an SF97 in GL's name. GL then provides you, the new owner, with a notarized letter assigning the SF97 to you. That is NOT a legal ownership document in any state that I am aware of... although some of the friendlier states will accept the SF97 that way anyway.

I would skip the SF97, and pay the extra couple of bucks to have GL get and sign over a Florida Certificate of Title. That should work without a hitch in any state.

-Chuck

xmission

I would skip the SF97, and pay the extra couple of bucks to have GL get and sign over a Florida Certificate of Title. That should work without a hitch in any state.

-Chuck

Is the Florida Title something that I can just ask them when the EUC is approved, or do I need to send them fingerprints :)

usmc320

I followed up on my SF-97 request using GL's live chat yesterday. They told me in VA they issue titles now instead. They also claim the average time is 30 days. Just thought I would pass that on.

stumps

Is the Florida Title something that I can just ask them when the EUC is approved, or do I need to send them fingerprints :)
The Florida title is just one of the two choices they offer you. I don't think you have to do anything but ask, and pay the $85.... Oh yeah, and wait...

-Chuck

xmission

The Florida title is just one of the two choices they offer you. I don't think you have to do anything but ask, and pay the $85.... Oh yeah, and wait...

-Chuck

Thanks very much.

I just Live-Chatted to follow up on the EUCs that I emailed on Friday. They didn't have them, so they said to send again. They said all of my items (3 auctions all on 4721) would go on the same sheet.

Does that make sense?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes if you have mulitplle wins on the same Event they will go on one EUC. I just sent one in yesteday afternoon for 2 deuces and it's already sent to Battle Creek.

greenjeepster

When GL first came online several years ago a first time EUC took 3 months, so getting it down to 45 days is a huge improvement. Keep in mind that if it wasn't a hassle the item would cost you more. As they improve on the timeline, prices increase. personnally I prefer the old days when you went to DRMO for a live action and could get a deuce for a few hundred bucks if the weather was bad enough:roll:

nhdiesel

I know what you mean. When I go to our local state surplus auctions I always hope for bad weather. The cheaper stuff is usually near the end, and if its been a cold, wet day most people have packed up and left early, leaving the fools...I mean shrewd buyers...to bid on whats left. In bad weather you can usually drive home a good, well maintained late model police cruiser for well under $1000. K-9 units can go for under half that...if you don't mind the smell & chewed interior. :roll:

Jim

nhdiesel

40 days as of today. I sure hope the poster who said time was extended to 60 days is correct! Long time for my 5th GL auction (6th item purchased).

Jim

sarge_3ad

I talked to GL this morning because I'm up to 40 days as well on a trailer I won , (event 4600). I got the same old response that it's still pending at Battle Creek. I also asked about the extension from 45 days to 60, and the lady said she hadn't heard of such thing. So whoever initially stated this was their policy change, please provide some information, link or something, so we can have something to fall back on.

A friend of mine just lost his trailer due to the time constraints. I don't know and don't want to make accusations, but he said a guy could make millions by just loosing the paper work, charging you a 25% fee and reselling the item you won. You know, just thinking about it, he's right and who's to prove this is not happening. There is no real check's and balances. As there are deadlines for us to get this material picked up, there should be deadlines on them to get our paperwork done, and someone should be in charge to make sure this happens.

I have about 5 days to get my trailer picked up and no paper work as it's still being approved in Battle Creek. I currently hold a FFL, and had a secret background clearance in the military, plus haven't been in any kind of legal trouble. If they can approve a gun purchase in minutes, they ought to be able to do a clearance check for a EUC in the same amount of time.

I suggest that we all call our representatives in Washington, D.C. and get the system fixed. There needs to be checks and balances, as this is costing us money, and it's not our fault. I have called my congressman, and I'm waiting for a return call from one of his local offices. We also need to suggest that they eliminate the EUC for items that do not have armament systems or armor. This would speed up the process on these transactions alot. I guess I just don't see the need for a EUC on support vehicles, trailers and generators.

Sarge

Carl_in_NH

They don't charge you a 25% fee if the EUC doesn't come back in the alloted time; they just null out the sale. They charge you if you back out of the deal, or you are denied an EUC at least once, and then you keep bidding on things after being turned down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks