• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're still waitin on EUC

kurt802

Hello again everyone,

FYI
My GL sale was canceled 10/09/09 on a M35A2 after a 64 day wait. On 10/16/09 I received a letter from Defense Logistics Agency Headquarters indicating approval of my EUC. I emailed GL Management several times and they do not have the common courtesy to respond. Their terms and conditions state "at their discretion" so one might believe you could work with these people.

Kurt802

greenjeepster

Well it will be an issue for them if EUCs start taking 60 plus days and they start canceling sales because of the 60 day policy. I wonder how long this can go on before they change the policy? Though personally if they have my money for 60 days and I have not received the EUC I will want my money back.

nhdiesel

It seems to me that someone, somewhere, doesn't seem to want surplus items to be sold, and the guilty party(s) seem to be the U.S. Govt. themselves. If the plan was really to sell surplus items and use the funds toward the military's operating budget, they would want to sell as much property for as high a price as possible. The best way to do that would be a more streamlined sale and approval process. You better believe if it was a very easy process to preview the items, bid on them, get approval, and be able to pick them up- within, say, a 7-day total turn around time, many more people would be bidding, driving the prices up.

In the end, driving prices up would be bad for us, as bidders, but I'm looking at this from the Govt's point of view, and what would be most beneficial to them.

The current process is horrible for customer satisfaction, and drives down prices. Many people just don't want to jump the current hurdles, and take the chances we have to take. The way I see it, the current process seems to be:

-Look at a couple pictures on GL.
-In some cases, maybe, possibly, preview the item in person, where you most likely are not allowed to even start up the engine, let alone actually test the vehicle or item.
-Bid on the item. This seems to be the easiest part.
-If you are the winner, fill out the EUC, which will be denied if you use actual common sense and plain english. If you are a frequent bidder, you still have to fill out the same form, giving the same information over and over.
-Submit the EUC to multiple departments, because submitting it only once seems to get it placed under the rear corner of the desk, where it gets lost.
-Wait.
-Correct the form, because even if its filled out the same as you have done several times before, this one can suddenly need revisions.
-Submit the corrections to multiple departments, see above.
-Wait some more.
-Try to contact someone if the form is stuck at GL after several days.
-If you are lucky, it moved to Battle Creek. Now the real problems arise. There seems to be no way to contact them and check on progress, or if there are any problems, or even confirm that they are actually in posession of the EUC.
-Wait. Maybe a few days, maybe a few months. Seems to be no reason for the differences in wait.
Wait some more.
-If you are lucky, you get approved.
-Now you typically have 14 days to pick up the item. The item that you have almost forgotten about, because it may have been over 3 months since the auction was won. In those 14 days, you need to make arrangements with a shipping company, or schedule a trip for yourself, including taking time off work with very short notice.
-Arrive to pick up your item, and hope they still have it; hope its still in the condition shown in those 2 or 4 pictures; and hope that condition allows for safe and easy removal.

Hopefully I didn't miss any steps here. This doesn't sound like a process designed to get people excited about bidding and buying from the Govt, and bringing in top dollar for them.

Jim

greenjeepster

I don't think you can really ever expect it to be in the same condition as it was at preview time, or at the time the pictures were taken. The Frankfort trucks from this last batch have only been sold for less than two weeks and about half of them have had the headlights "barrowed" from them. And frankfort isn't like most sites where GL is always letting people come and go to preview stuff. The only way for headlights to disappear from the Frankfort trucks is 1. The National Guard barrowed them (highly unlikely) 2. winners of other trucks decide they needed spare parts while they were there picking their trucks up and they lifted those parts off of other peoples trucks. (most likely)

dunedigger

I got my approval Thursday the 16th. Got my truck on the next Friday. This was after a 65 day wait for the euc. I was bidding on this truck before that time and suddenly the truck was gone from the website. I called them and they said they had to change a number or something. A month went by and I bid on it again. Glad to finally have it home. The above list of order to get my truck is pretty much right on.

nhdiesel

I don't think you can really ever expect it to be in the same condition as it was at preview time, or at the time the pictures were taken.
Actually I very much do expect it to be in the same condition as when it was listed for auction. Anything less, and someone is at fault, and is guilty of fraud somewhere along the line. Whether its the military themselves, GL, or other buyers. No matter what, the selling party is responsible for the buyer receiving what was advertised. The vehicles should be off limits to the military borrowing items, and buyers picking up vehicles should be watched more closely.

Of course collecting on that is a different matter.

Jim

O.D. Fever

I received my euc for sale 4600 on 8/28/09 after 1 revision and picked up a deuce the the next week. I think it was so quick because it was a corporate purchase. Don't know for sure, just thinking..

greenjeepster

Actually I very much do expect it to be in the same condition as when it was listed for auction. Anything less, and someone is at fault, and is guilty of fraud somewhere along the line. Whether its the military themselves, GL, or other buyers. No matter what, the selling party is responsible for the buyer receiving what was advertised. The vehicles should be off limits to the military borrowing items, and buyers picking up vehicles should be watched more closely.

Of course collecting on that is a different matter.

Jim
Oh I am not saying that I will not raise hell if stuff disappears off of my trucks prior to the EUC clearing. I am just saying that I expect it to happen, because it does. People go out to pick up their trucks and think, "some of these are not sold yet and GL got my money, I am going to stretch my dollar a little" Then the next guy comes in and sees something has been removed from his truck so he does the same to the next one in the line, to replace his missing parts. Before you know it every bodies truck is missing stuff that was there before.

nhdiesel

Yea, I pretty much figured you were just referring to the current system, the way it is.

I just got off live chat with Heidi, and she had some interesting numbers. According to their records, the EUC I submitted way back on Aug. 27th for 4600 has only been at BC for 16 days?!?!?! The one I sent in for event 4678 , which is from Sept. 17, has been there for 28, which is what I have shown.

On one hand it means my auction won't be canceled yet for event 4600, but I just as soon have that one canceled! On the down side, I could be waiting another month and a half for it!!!

Its pretty bad that an auction I won in August could take until December to be approved.

Jim

greenjeepster

16 days? has your EUC status on their site been showing it sent to BC for longer than that?

Maybe you can cancel after 60 days without penalty like they can. Which one is the truck that you don't care if it is canceled?

nhdiesel

The one I care about most is the one in Kentucky, event 4678, which is at 28 days. But to be honest, at this point I would almost give up both trucks. I bought them as a small investment, while I was still working, to help keep our heads above water while my wife is in school. But now I'm not working, the money is more important than ever, and its hardly a worthwhile investment at this point. By the time I get them home it will be too cold to do anything with them until spring- I have no garage. When I bought them I was working at a small shop that I had access to after hours.

The original plan was to bring them home this fall (by fall, meaning sometime in September/early to mid October), then sell one to bring in some money, and with any luck be able to keep one for myself. With no job, they both absolutely need to be sold. If the damn EUCs would come through, everything would be fine.

Greenjeepster- the date depends on which date you use. I was using when it went to BC. I think GL must be using the date I had to send in another copy of my license (because apparently they can't be bothered to look at the copies I sent in with each EUC). The EUC was already at BC then, had been for a few weeks.

Jim

kurt802

Well, GL did finally respond to my emails to "Management"

Thank you for your email. Event 4487 was cancelled as of October 9, 2009. The property will not be available to you, unfortunately. The Cancellation was also explained in a previous email today as well. The amount was also refunded to you.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd, Ste 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Ph: 480.367.1300
Fax: 480.367.1450
Email: info@govliquidation.com
Online Help:Help and FAQs at Government Liquidation

My EUC came back 7 days after they cancelled my sale but since they had already cancelled the sale, I am to have a great day!

The upside to all this is when the M35A2's go back on sale I have already waited for my first EUC and should get faster approval an the next one:roll:

TIGERFANS2

A guy that I know ....... "
EUC sent to Battle Creek 08/12/2009 "

and this was on an M101 trailer!

he's waiting on an answer, I suspect the answer will be Sorry Charlie

army_nurse

What i dont understand is that i got my M35a2 on event 4600 and was able to pick up the truck on sept 21. why so long for some and short for others. there is no rhyme or reason to it to me. i have only perchased 2 things from GL a truck and a trailer. having said that like so many things related to the government seems there are no checks and balances and no recourse of you have been wronged. and if you owe them money they expect it NOW but on the flip side they have been paid for said goods and delivery is in no means timely. If as a ICU nurse i provided service in this manner i would be looking for a job very shortly. on the other hand i got my truck on the super cheap and the trailer as well. the process should be able to be streamlined and some accountability established. And that and dollar and eight cents will buy a fountian drink at the 7-11 down the street.

God Bless America

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't had an euc in almost a year. I am waiting for one now, and I just live chatted with Heidi. She said, since it's been so long since my last EUC, I may be back to newb status, and to expect it to take the full 60 days! Funny thing is,I won a trailer(10/29) that I wanted to use for winter storage. It may be Springtime, before I get it! :oops: Love ya GL!:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks