• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're still waitin on EUC

xmission

I'm on live chat with Heidi now. She is VERY helpful.

I emailed my euc in on friday.
Yesterday I chatted with someone who said they did not get it. I then emailed and faxed it, and there is still no sign. Heidi stayed on the chat while I sent again to another address. Hopefully she'll have it soon, and I can move along to the waiting stage...

Edit: Heidi acknowledged that she has gotten it.... Whew.

Last edited:

nhdiesel

You know its absolutely rediculous that we are forced into a time limit set by THEM, that we have no control over, only THEY do. They set the time limit, then control whether we meet it or not. I can kind of understand time limits for item removal- they want to make room for more stuff ASAP (whether they need the room or not), and its in OUR control whether we get there within that time limit.

If they are going to cancel my event 4600 truck, I won't lose sleep over it, just GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY so I can bid on a better truck! I wouldn't mind having my money back by Thursday so I could bid on another nice Kentucky truck.

But then, even if they give back money, who makes out? We lose out on lost interest, while they MAKE interest with OUR money. Its also a waste of our time and efforts. Think about the people who go the extra mile- took time off work to go preview the truck, made arrangements for recovery, have money tied up that could have been used on another auction, possibly made other arrangements.

And its just plain inconceivable that it could possibly take them 45 days to check us out. I was fine to sell vehicles to before, whats the problem now? I think our paperwork must just get thrown into a huge pile, and they pull it out in no particular order. Some happen to be right on top, some sit on the bottom forever.

Someone tell me something, why do we have to do a different EUC for each item? Why not have us fill out a one-time EUC, get approved, then be pre-approved for future bidding? Then only fill out a new EUC if the intended use is different from previous items (such as wanting to resell a truck, vs. keeping it for its intended use).

And finally the last joke, they put so much weight on an EUC, which depends on someone filling it out honestly. If someone were planning to export the item, would they really put that on the EUC? They would just fill out what the Govt. wants to hear, then do whatever illegal activities after.

Jim

kurt802

I read the change made from 45 to 60 days in the "terms and conditions" section on the GL web page. I am now at 60 plus days waiting for my EUC to clear and nothing. I am not going to call GL because maybe there is a chance that it will come back before they cancel the sale and I don't want that to happen after this long wait.

dunedigger

This is a quote from an email they just sent me, it's kind of foggy on the 60 days but it mentions it.

First time submissions of the EUC can take up to sixty days or longer to be processed. Subsequent submittals take approximately ten days. Payment must be received within 5 business days of the invoice date, but your invoice will not be marked paid until your EUC has been approved by the government. Your items will be held at the site until the EUC has been approved, the 14-day removal period begins as soon as your EUC has been approved and invoice is marked paid.

kurt802

This is a quote from an email they just sent me, it's kind of foggy on the 60 days but it mentions it.

First time submissions of the EUC can take up to sixty days or longer to be processed. Subsequent submittals take approximately ten days. Payment must be received within 5 business days of the invoice date, but your invoice will not be marked paid until your EUC has been approved by the government. Your items will be held at the site until the EUC has been approved, the 14-day removal period begins as soon as your EUC has been approved and invoice is marked paid.
While I was surfing around the net researching EUC's I did read that at one time it was not unusual to have to wait 90 days for the TSC to complete a criminal background check. "60 days or longer" tells me that if I don't raise a time issue with GL they may not cancel the sale. They got my money, I'm willing to wait so please don't cancel my sale:!: hey at this point I could get approved any day now:grin:

greenjeepster

If they are going to cancel my event 4600 truck, I won't lose sleep over it, just GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY so I can bid on a better truck! I wouldn't mind having my money back by Thursday so I could bid on another nice Kentucky truck.
I hope they don't give you your money back so you can't bid on any nice kentucky trucks:razz: Wish people would be a little more quiet on here about those ky trucks:wink:

I have my eye and money on a few of those trucks. Anybody else on here who wants assistance in moving one I would be happy to pick up and hang on to it for them until such a time that they can make arrangements to come after it.

I live 20 minutes from the armory. I haven't figured out why they are selling them out of that location though when they could move them 30 miles to Bluegrass and then we could all load out whenever our paper work was in order.

ABN173

Y
If someone were planning to export the item, would they really put that on the EUC? They would just fill out what the Govt. wants to hear, then do whatever illegal activities after.

Jim
Yes, Jim they would. There are big players that can and do legally export vehicles, and yes they do need to annotate their intention on the EUC for that particular item. I am not a big fan of GL but it is not illegal to sell overseas it is however illegal to do so without the prior approval. For example check out CSI vehicles:

csihmmwv - Company Profile

"CSI, Inc., a Tallapoosa, Georgia based distributor of military vehicles and spare parts, received a U.S. Commerce Department Export Achievement Certificate from the North Georgia Export District Council in recognition for its outstanding export performance."

my two cents.....

-Dale

nhdiesel

Nope, I was just curious. I still feel its just a matter of chance, of which EUC they happen to grab next. They could very well be quite disorganized as well, and misplace batches of paperwork for long periods of time. That might explain why some events seem to go through quicker than others, such as event 4600 many of us are still waiting for.

Jim

stumps

Mine just cleared after spending 37 days at Battle Creek. It was my first.

The next day, a letter arrived from Defense Logistics Agency Headquarters explaining what was going on. It seems that they are worried that the deuces and other "Q" items might be exported to unfriendly countries where they could be used against us, or might be used for terrorist activities here. They basically implored me to be responsible, and keep the truck in friendly US hands. And they reminded me that I needed to keep track of where the truck goes if I sell it. They gave me a number to call if I have any questions about my selling, or exporting the truck.

-Chuck

Carl_in_NH

That's the standard letter they mail out once the EUC either has cleared, or is ready to clear. I got one with my first EUC; they don't seem to send them more than once when you file additional EUCs.

kurt802

Here's what you get after 60+ days:cry:

The EUC for your Sale number 4487 was sent to DRMS for approval over 60 (sixty) days ago. As of today, no approval has been received, with no reason having been provided to us. Due to length of time with no response, we have cancelled out this sale, at no penalty to you, and will be returning the merchandise to our general inventory.

We appreciate your business, apologize for any inconvenience, and welcome you to bid on future Government Liquidation auctions.

From the Terms and Conditions – item 3-H

Sales for which EUCs have not been approved by TSC within 60 days of submission will be canceled by GL at our sole discretion without liquidated damages to the Buyer.

(As mentioned above, you WILL NOT be penalized or assessed any default fees.)

Sincerely,
Brandi Guerrero
Document Verification Processor
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N Kierland Blvd - 3rd Floor
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

So I wrote back to Management and requested an extension for a response from DRMS. I'll let you all know the results of the request. Note the letter does not prohibit me from bidding on another auction. I have read some kiss off letters restricting bidders to lots free from EUC's. Anyone had an extension granted by a monopoly before? Thanks. I have some M35A2 filters and misc. parts for sale if this is not going to fly.

nhdiesel

Isn't it nice that they are going to return your money, that they've had tied up for 65 days keeping you from bidding on another truck, without penalty? Its very nice and big-hearted of them.

Too bad about the truck, and good luck trying to get an extension. Maybe they'll find my EUC under yours when they pick it up to throw it away. :roll:

Jim

AceHigh

Been there done that. GL will not give you any extension or any breaks. In fact to better clarify my address after I lost my first purchase I went to DMV and got my driver's license clarified. Then I bid again. I also sent in a copy of my electric bill.

This time GL canceled the sale without even sending anything to DOD. Now that really made me angry

Still, I have no recourse. They make the rules, they got the trucks.

ABN173

I lost my sale today as well. It cost me 200 in interest waiting for the truck that I can't have. I'm really curious how long it will take to get a refund. It took GL 21 days from date of submission of my EUC to get it off to Battle Creek and 69 days to not be able to decide if an active duty US Marine with 2 combat tours and a secret clearance was a safe bet. This was my 1st and last purchase from GL.
Sorry about that one brother, Mine was approved but since I had a PA driver's with a GA address (they do that for military residing elsewhere) and I had just PCS'd to FT Lewis I had to jump through all kinds of hoops just to get mine to Battle Creek.... I had to attach my ID, as well as my PCS orders to FT Lewis and I had to get a letter from my Commander for proof of residency, I had just gotten here so I did not have any bills or taxes filed from this address. In your shoes I would have your congressman look into it, you may not get your truck but I bet it would not happen a second time.

Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks