• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need help gathering information on these old deuces

Lonesome715

That brings up a issue I have dealt with in the past. I have learned that a lot of people make the mistake of thinking Detroit engines were biult by GM. A few old timer Detroit mechanice told me that. They told me a GM biult Detroit does not exist. I am not saying what I learned is correct, but the things they told me does make sense. I am far from being an old deasel expert. I wish I could be so my quest for information would go a lot easier. If, they did indeed biuld larger engines than I am aware of my decisions will be a lot esier for me when I start pairing up engines and trucks in my future biulds.

Oh, and before any one corrects me, I know there was another small deisel biult by GM before the 6.2. I just cannot remember the size.

Last edited:

mudguppy

you have two options on your tandem disconnect (if it can't be done at the transfer):
  1. use a splined collar on the shaft to the tandem axle. these can be found on OTR trucks (these are air-shifted?)
  2. take a divorced np205, flip it backwards, lock into 1:1. modify a shift cable to engage/disengage the front output that now drives the forward tandem.

Lonesome715

The first option is what I was leaning towards. I am not sure I would want a 205 in there. As stout as they are, I am going with something a little bigger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks