• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need help gathering information on these old deuces

Lonesome715

That brings up a issue I have dealt with in the past. I have learned that a lot of people make the mistake of thinking Detroit engines were biult by GM. A few old timer Detroit mechanice told me that. They told me a GM biult Detroit does not exist. I am not saying what I learned is correct, but the things they told me does make sense. I am far from being an old deasel expert. I wish I could be so my quest for information would go a lot easier. If, they did indeed biuld larger engines than I am aware of my decisions will be a lot esier for me when I start pairing up engines and trucks in my future biulds.

Oh, and before any one corrects me, I know there was another small deisel biult by GM before the 6.2. I just cannot remember the size.

Last edited:

mudguppy

you have two options on your tandem disconnect (if it can't be done at the transfer):
  1. use a splined collar on the shaft to the tandem axle. these can be found on OTR trucks (these are air-shifted?)
  2. take a divorced np205, flip it backwards, lock into 1:1. modify a shift cable to engage/disengage the front output that now drives the forward tandem.

Lonesome715

The first option is what I was leaning towards. I am not sure I would want a 205 in there. As stout as they are, I am going with something a little bigger.