• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need help gathering information on these old deuces

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
135 has 4 fewer wheels, the wheels have a different offset, the hubs are flipped, the speedo drive gear is different, and 11:00-20 NDCC's are fitted. Data plate lists 58 mph top speed. She will do it, but it is against the governor at 3400 rpms.

That idea to transplant the cab and clip onto a G742 makes sense, the shifter will be unusually far back in the cab, and there will have to be a doghouse in the cab for the back of the LD. Maybe use an Allison on the LD like in Cranetruck's 8x8?

nattieleather

I have thought of this type of project myself ever since I had a M211. The truck rides better than the M35 and I think stops a heck of a lot better too. I have oftern thought that if I ever got another one I would swap out the motor and trans with one out of a more modern GMC Truck. Something like the topkick C serries trucks...which is about the same size and weight as the M211 (give or take) and pulling the motor and trans from one of them. I think they used the 6.5L diesel and now are using the 6.6 Duramax with Allison transmission or even a CAT C7. I would think that a V8 diesel would fit very well into the engine compartment and give some good power to the truck.

Lonesome715

I thought about a 6.5 swap as well. I really like those engines. But one of the main reasons I want a deuce is for the multi fuel engine.

I wish I could jump on one now. But all our money is tied up in several deuces we bought recently. Plus, I prefer there not be another project truck sitting in the yard until I get home.

Lonesome715

That does sound like a good set up. But it ruins my multi fuel reasons. Wait, I have never heard of a GM 8.3 deisel. Are you sure GM made a deisel that big?

Tony

Lonesome715,

I have just the M-135 for you. Body in good shape, engine & tranny ok, but I guess that you don't want that. New tires, tubes & flaps
If interested, I can email you some photos, located in So Calif

Tony 805-491-0686

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is my wish list of installs and upgrades.

1. Multi fuel engine
2. Transmission from a modern medium duty truck for more high way gears.
3. Three speed T case with 2H, 4H, and 4L
4. drop side bed, either a modified original or fit a modern one on
5. Dump bed
6. More comfortable long haul seats
7. Ability to disconnect the rear drive axle from inside the cab
8. Insulated and sound proofed interior
9. Air for air break equipped trailer and air tools.
10. Modern gauges
11. Maybe, but unlikely I might consider air ride suspension. Very doubtful though.
Not asking for much are you?......:p

Lonesome715

Tony, I am very interested. But Cali is too far. I could never afford the shipping.

Wreckerman, I would like ot know more. What part of Bama are you in?

Naw, that is not much at all. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks