• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on Flying Flags on the M35's

maynard83

I will be acquiring a Bobbed M35 and would like some assistance on the best way to fly a couple of flags. I have 2 ea. 3X5' flags and would like to know the best way to fly along with the best mounting kits and antennas to use.
Any input or help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
US Flag code indicates that Old Glory must be flown from the right front fender. All other flags would be secondary and at your discretion. I'm not sure about the allowance of any other flag flying higher than the US Flag on a vehicle. I certainly wouldn't fly any flag higher but not sure that's in the code.

maynard83

Yup! Very familiar with all that (served in the USMC).

My question was more about mounting than etiquette but I appreciate the link.
Thanks.

I plan on flying the US flag on the right and higher than the second flag, as it should be, I just don't want iit to interfere for safety reasons, plus I want people to see the flag from as far away as possible.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

With parade season here, I thought one of the many threads about proper flag display should be brought up for those who don't know the correct way to fly the flag.

Any pics of the mounts themselves? I like your setup!
This is not exactly great pics., but it may give the idea.
Bottom sockets are made from some Commercial Equipment legs. They have a 1/2" stud both inside and out. I removed the actual insert from the leg and epoxyed it into the camo tube.So now the camo tube is threaded into the socket.
The upper support is made with some stainless steel tube over 1/4" all-thread, with Mineralac Clamps on both ends. The mini's are #0 on the grill and #2 on the camo tube (i think).
I leave the lower posts in, as in the picture, mostly because i'm lazy and it looks OK.

Attachments

baxter

When flying my flags in a 4th parade last year i noticed that old glory had been rubbimg my exhaust and it got that corner of the flag dirty. I really like the look of the 3x5 flag but dont want to get the flag dirty. anybody else have this same problem?

gunboy1656

When flying my flags in a 4th parade last year i noticed that old glory had been rubbimg my exhaust and it got that corner of the flag dirty. I really like the look of the 3x5 flag but dont want to get the flag dirty. anybody else have this same problem?

Where are you mounting your flag? I use a 3x5 mounted on my bumper and never got dirty.

baxter

I have a winch truck and mounted a pole right to the bumper.how tall are you mounting it maybe it's that im to tall or short letting it hit? But the bottom corner was turning black.Ive got some pics of last years parade ill see if i cant post one showing how its mounted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks