• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on Flying Flags on the M35's

Flamingsuit

My first post on SS, after lurking for a while. Great site!

After researching here and having already read the flag code, I'll be proudly flying Old Glory on the front right bumper of my 1984 M923 in a few days. The POW-MIA will be a foot lower on the front left. I may run over a Prius or two in a show of patriotism:p

palskidoo

Does anyone fly the flag all the time? or just holidays/parades?
Thanks
I drive my deuce 50% of the time waving the stars and stripes! Doesn't matter whether its a holiday or occasion I like to do it and others seem to like it as well! :D

Ford Mechanic

Darn after searching on and off for a week for this topic it figures that now I've got my poles made and fixin to mount them and this thread comes up. I made poles to hold them in the bow storage position behind the cab. Don't forget to keep it below 13ft 6in(18 wheeler hieght) so you don't catch any lines or stop lights!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is good for static and parade speed display(with the taller poles so that flag doesn't block view). Need taller/stronger pipe and much smaller size flag for highway speeds.

MV yard art 04.jpg MV yard art 03.jpg MV yard art 05.jpg

Last edited:

w3azel

The flag code is a great reference for people on how to properly display the colors. However that being said the supreme court found it unconstitutional to make it law and punish those not following it. I haven't checked all 50 states but I know of at least three that I have lived in have laws, that can be enforced constitutionally, against objects or obstructions in the drivers field of view. Driving in a parade or at a show with the truck parked. Yes follow the flag code and display the colors on the right fender, NOT SPECIFIED FRONT EXCEPT UNDER ARMY REGULATIONS :deadhorse:, but the deuce doesn't have a rear fender. If your not though and are just going to be driving around, have a brain and display the colors respectfully where they are not going to interfere with your driving. IE hit traffic lights or telephone lines or wave in front of your field of view.

mbehne

I like the idea of the bumper mounts, but until I could decide exactly how I wanted them I quickly welded a pair like this using existing hardware.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks