• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance and Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARYankee

Ok. I was wondering about insurance. I contacted my insurance agent and she couldn't help me because she has no clue. I figure I would turn to everyone here to see what insurance companies are out there. I just want liability to get me around. Now as far as licensing... I was wondering if there are any Arkansans on here that have done it. If not no problem because I can just call and find out. I'm just being lazy and don't want to deal with them. Well thanks for any help.

jmh4x4

there has been plenty of posts about this, search around here and you will find out the two to three easy go to insurance companies. (jc taylor being one of them)

BimmerPower

Banned
JC Taylor will not insure anyone that is under the age of 25. My opinion: If your OVER 25 go with JC Taylor. If your UNDER 25, give Hagarty a shot.

I'm 24 and have liability insurance with Hagarty for $154 a year.

rideni

hagarty requires garaging and will not allow a gun in a vehicle the insure even if it is one you are legally CCW'ing
I went state farm which is $37.15 every 6 months

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Travelers, $170. a year. Just give them the basic info. " I have an old truck, Jeep-Kaiser, pick-up /cargo type, model says M35 if they ask, and I want liability only. Has a short VIN because its old. Alot of companies are getting funny when you say its a "military truck".

msmith304

i'm still having trouble finding insurance because i'm 22 and the truck isnt living in a garage. Hagerty didn't want to help me. I guess i'll give travelers a ring

rtl434

I just added Insurance to one of my trucks today(State Farm) I never mentioned the word Military. Its a 1971 Jeep M35, they probably think its a Wrangler, but I'm covered for $190.00/6mths.

ohnuts

I called USAA after a memeber listed them. They gave me a two hundred dollar a year savings after I insured my M35A2. No stipulations two trucks and an old car cheap. They were very nice and didnt take any time.

tsmall07

I called USAA after a memeber listed them. They gave me a two hundred dollar a year savings after I insured my M35A2. No stipulations two trucks and an old car cheap. They were very nice and didnt take any time.
My step dad just tried USAA and they quoted $500 every SIX MONTHS! I couldn't believe it. They said it was because of the weight rating of the truck. I don't think he mentioned that we'd be getting antique tags for it.

Bulldog1986

I am 23 and have a speeding ticket and an accident (sue me, I'm not perfect). Geico is $300 a year. Hagerty wouldn't insure me because my daily driver is under my mom's policy. I didn't think about State Farm or Allstate but may check those to see if it is any cheaper.

Scott

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ditto on USAA and did not cost me an extra 500 nor did I state anything about antique tags. Location/state can have a lot to do with the insurance cost but I would not have thought that Blacksburg VA would have been more expensive than some of the other places. Length you've had USAA may also play into this and what other insurance/investments you have with them. Not sure. I have a lot of time and money put into that company so maybe I get a lollipop for that.

saddamsnightmare

Nationwide Mutual. They know what an M35A2 is, and they don't go ballistic on restrictions, mine is licensed in Texas as a pickup with a 10,000 cargo capacity (State of Colorado called it that when I bought it) and they charge less for it and the S404.114 Unimog then they did for my old 1989 F250 FWD! Deuces and Unimogs don't often flip.....
Give them a try. I can't haul commercially, but I can do about everything else with them.

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:razz:

still-a-truckin

Thanks, but

I am 16 and am going to buy a 2.5 Ton Duece on Craigslist I am going to go look at it on monday and if I purchase it does anybody think I would be able to insure for a resonable price or am I going to have to use American Collector Car Insurance and Pay 317.00 A Year. Can anybody out there give advice on my delema.

Attachments

Last edited:

ida34

Welcome to the site. If you need any help or advice I am pretty close in Dexter near Ann Arbor. Where is the truck you are getting? Is it the one in Ypsilanti?

army70deuce

I tried USAA but they wouldn't insure a vehicle over 10,000lbs. I'll try one of the others listed, however I'd be cautious about not giving full disclosure, hate to get a low price because they didn't realize it was a Duece and then something happen and not get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.