• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought my first Deuce!!

nchittendon

Went and picked this baby up today. (the m105)

It's in great shape. Forked over $550 for it. Drove 3 hours to pick it up. Sure, there is a guy by me that sells them. He wants $1200!!

First it's going to be a storage trailer/moving trailer for us when we move into our new house. After that, she will live out her days as a camping support trailer.

11000472_10155455194440657_4202315987758907812_n.jpg11073563_10155454287810657_1523934789710265383_n.jpg

Another Ahab

Went and picked this baby up today. (the m105)

It's in great shape. Forked over $550 for it. Drove 3 hours to pick it up. Sure, there is a guy by me that sells them. He wants $1200!!

First it's going to be a storage trailer/moving trailer for us when we move into our new house. After that, she will live out her days as a camping support trailer.

View attachment 548601View attachment 548602
Great find; and especially for that price.

Is the rubber good?

nchittendon

I notice a lot of outside light coming through. Not the canvas, but the box. It looks like they just tack welded the wheel wells in, because I can see light almost all around both. Then of course, the famous square holes that no one knows for sure their purpose. Then, the normal drain holes in the floor. I want this baby sealed up. Like most, I plan to make it into a camping trailer/camping support trailer. Until that day comes, it's going to be a storage unit for all of our stuff as we clear out our current house in order to sell.

nchittendon

So I removed the pioneer tool rack since I'll probably never use it for more than a step. I'm thinking I like the idea of mounting it to that mud guard. I would add another guard to the front of it, but otherwise it would be protected on 5 of the 6 sides. It would be close to the air tanks. And that guard is braced good, so I don't see any movement or issues with it being solid there. The other, less desirable option would be to mount it up under between the frame rails.

20150408_160601.jpg20150408_160626.jpg

Another Ahab

Took the dog for her first ride. She loved it!
Took momma and the little one to the drive in for some chow. Momma hates the truck, so this was a huge milestone!
Maybe not all hate is bad.

At our house there are multiple pillows EVERYWHERE: on the beds, on the couches, on the chairs. It's Momma''s thing here, and I hate it. It's not the pillows so much as the quantities. What's with that!?

But I think this kind of hate (things only; not people), is perhaps good and sustaining for the Utimate Cosmic Order:

- "Om"

Cosmic Order.jpg

Last edited:

nchittendon

Just got back from Iola MV show. What a great time! Last year we just popped over for some recon and made some purchases on Friday, then left.

This year we were going to bring the truck, but it just wasn't ready. But, we still went Thursday evening, and stayed through the parade today.

The folks were all really great. I would just wander into campsites and strike up conversation with folks and they would start talking like we've known each other for years. Even had one gent let me throw some items to sell in his swap meet space and they sold. THANK YOU!

Picked up some goodies again this year too.
Bought an aluminum boarding ladder w/railing and ropes. Just needs tan paint.
Bought a radio receiver from a nice gent. Don't know if it works, but I just want the shell and knobs. I plan to stuff it with civilian components but keep the old school military look.
Picked up a few ammo cans (just plan on doing it every year).
Got the boy a piss pot. He hasn't taken it off since we've left.
got my rifle mount for in the cab. This is a good thing because that means in the near future, the interior will start to get a remodel. Green now, soon to be tan like the exterior.

I was happy to NOT see many (only one) tan trucks there this weekend. Mine will be making the trip for the 25th anniversary show next year. Pics to come of my treasures.

nchittendon

Today my 8yo and I started building our bunks in the M105. Also, the trailer was camo, but now is going to be tan. We are about half done. Removed the data plates and reflectors to clean everything up.
11831815_10156048200165657_1819851877488264301_n.jpg11822476_10156048200160657_7255663918154033646_n.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks