• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won a M1010

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what route he'll be taking but I'll check.

Only thing I really know about it is that it LOOKs to be all there. It was advertised as "doesn't start" but with GL that usually just means they didn't try anything other than turning the key on. It should make it's debut at the Alamo Dome Monster Truck Jam in January.

You should try to make the Brent Mullins jeep Show March 19-21. I plan to be there using it as a camper. Not going to change anything, just roll out the Cold Weather sleeping bag in the back. Only changes I plan to make is to switch it from Tan to 3 color camo (needs to match the rest of the herd).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Mark. I like the camo whale on the front fender of Andy's 1009.
What is all that weird white stuff all over them? (He says on a blizzard-like 74* day).

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear they call it "winter" but I haven't seen much of that down here. Maybe it'll still be there once the trucks are dropped off.

K9Vic

I hear they call it "winter" but I haven't seen much of that down here. Maybe it'll still be there once the trucks are dropped off.
With the weather we are expecting in North Texas on Thursday that very well may be possible, or even more of that "winter" stuff.

wlreeds

So far:

1) Even though I lucked out of having to have a EUC for this I had to wait for Texandy's EUC to clear on a 1009 at the same locale. Figured we'd both save a little having them shipped together.

2) Contracted shipper on another run when EUC cleared.

3) Shipper had to have throat surgery so sent alternate vehicle for pickup

4) My brother had heart attack (doing fine now) so I had to fly to Spokane, WA was a little distracted and didn't stay after shipper.

5) Shipper says alternate vehicle lost water pump and his driver didn't call him (yeh, right).

6) Shipper says this morning that regular truck lost alternator last night in Bismark and had to wait for O'Reily's to open this morning to get another (why he wasn't there at 0730 like he promised).

At this point, if it shows up before 2010 I'll consider myself lucky. I didn't mention any of the headaches I've been getting from the Minot GL rep. No more long distance purchases unless I can pick them up myself.
I'm envious! Wish I could be having shipper problems right now.

I'm at about 40 days and still waiting for my EUC to clear. Definately now getting mine in the drive before 2010.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this point, if it shows up before 2010 I'll consider myself lucky.
Well I always knew I wasn't lucky. Vehicles have been sitting gathering snow in Solon, IA since before Christmas. Shipper keeps saying there's too much snow to move. I can understand wanting to make sure everything is safe and all but he could have headed out at 10mph and been in TX by now.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know a source of the special parts for the ambulances such as the AC unit, the generator, the paitent sling, and some other stuff like this. Also does anyone have a medical equipment set listing of what was in the vehicle. Need the component listing for the MES.

lavarok

I know Bergstrom made the AC. The motors inside the AC for the evap fans (2) were made by Allied Motion. The 28vdc alternator is made by Leece Neville.

wlreeds

Well I always knew I wasn't lucky. Vehicles have been sitting gathering snow in Solon, IA since before Christmas. Shipper keeps saying there's too much snow to move. I can understand wanting to make sure everything is safe and all but he could have headed out at 10mph and been in TX by now.
I think I'll pick a shipper from the snow belt to deliver mine. I grew up in Michigan, and there's never to much snow to move in that neck of the woods.

Don't forget to post some pictures when she finally shows up. I'll do the same. See my PM from a day or two ago.

Stay positive. Before you know it, you'll be putting in long hours trying to get the thing started and running.;-)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still not here. Supposed to be tomorrow or Monday but until it's sitting in the driveway I won't believe it.

wlreeds

If it makes you feel better.......

The shipper I signed up with couldn't make the timing work with the part-time GL representative (he covers five sites). Then the GL rep told me if I didn't get it picked up by Friday of last week, they would repossess it. Had to get creative and located a local towing company to pick it up for me and store it until the end of the month. I'm adding those guys to my Christmas card list for sure.

I'll be borrowing a trailer and running up there myself. At least now I can pick it up on a Saturday.

One day they will be ours!

TexAndy

If it makes you feel better.......

The shipper I signed up with couldn't make the timing work with the part-time GL representative (he covers five sites). Then the GL rep told me if I didn't get it picked up by Friday of last week, they would repossess it. Had to get creative and located a local towing company to pick it up for me and store it until the end of the month. I'm adding those guys to my Christmas card list for sure.

I'll be borrowing a trailer and running up there myself. At least now I can pick it up on a Saturday.

One day they will be ours!
That almost happened in our case.

And yeah, the part time GL guy at Minot is indeed very part time. Apparently they count "business days" as days on which everyone but THEY do business.

K9Vic

Well, hope it shows up Monday as Sunday has already passed.

Seems that dealing with GL can be a PITA from some of the stories I have read here. I got mine from a local city auction, so no waiting and no "business" days to deal with.l

WPNS421

Congrats on the M1010 looks like a nice unit, I think you story about shipping is not unique but the bad taste will go away when it is in your driveway. Last week I bought a M1010 in Philadelphia from a SS. I really lucked in the truck is excellent absolutly no bodywork to do. I will just have to give it a fresh coat of paint. The previous owner bought it from GSA and it had belonged to the City. They removed the 24v system, but we will address that issue when it arrives home in March. Yes I said March, presently it is being checked and serviced by Eastern Surplus and it will be shipped with my wrecker in March.
When it arrives don't embarrass yourself too much by going out and hugging it in public.:roll:

acmunro

It was at Camp Riley, MN. Now it is safe at Ray's towing in Little Falls.

I highly recommend those guys to anyone in the same fix. They sure saved the day and they had the truck in their lot within an hour and a half of calling them.
Glad someone was able to help you out. A nice M1010 is worth the trouble.

saddamsnightmare

January 19th, 2010.

Almost makes me wish I'd a bought one of the new ones GM was disposing of back in West Virginia for $29,000 in 2007. Pretty much the complete truck from the factory except no light bar. The Army paid about $92,000 each for use in Iraq and for some reason the deal didn't go through...

And yes, no EUC from GM!:-D:-D
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks