• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kentucky area get together!!!! knob creek October 2010

are you show'n up?

• Total voters

DKELONE

I arrived last eve. 6x6 guy is here & others. Weather forecast is great--no rain & cool temps. Lots of mule taxis working. Expecting a banner crowd. David

XanRa

something kindof came up :roll: ..... but if i make it out(i hope i will) i'll come out saterday and TRY and stay till sunday.... we'll see..........

oh and since some of you seem to already be there....
nopicsjust sayin....

BigJohn1009

Plans have been changed

My plans to attend Knob Creek have been changed for me. I will not be going so I will miss meeting everyone.

Big John

panshark

hey, I went out to the shoot, but didn't bump into anybody i recognized. went out there saturday afternoon, and man! What a bunch of people! it was a regular fair out in the middle of the woods, with flea markets, fair food, and all sorts of goodies! even got a hay ride for me and the wife up to the main gate. Parking was free. About the only thing I didn't like was that they will rent a full-auto machine gun to anyone (I mean anyone) I saw a guy popping off some rounds slow from an AK-47 that was smoking around the handguard, and a guy offered him a lefty glove. This einstein was overwhelmed with good ideas, and was trying to put the glove on one-handed and lit off a short burst into ground right beside of him. Of course, if you're renting out yer AK so often that it's smoking like that, you might not be running the most savvy machine gun rental shop. Some locals turned out near the main gate in support of the Patton Museum, and had a great display set up! And for those of you who are debating about whether to drive down tomorrow and see it, they DO have the huey flying cover.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course, if you're renting out yer AK so often that it's smoking like that, you might not be running the most savvy machine gun rental shop.
Shoot, did you price the rentals? They will pay for that AK in about a 1/2 day of rentals (I'd almost guarantee it's a post '86 gun).

panshark

I saw the rental prices, i think you could rent a 30 round clip for $40 for a 9mm smg. I forget the 7.62 and 12 gauge prices (yes, they had some saiga's). but you're right, you can definitely pay one of them off pretty dang quick.

jime

I was there on Friday. I spent a lot of cash, but not on rentals. Lots to see and a lot of interesting folks. I thought about a Huey ride, but was too wiped out by the time I got back up to the parking lot.

6x6guy

As always had a great time with a couple of old friends, and meet some new friends that gather from all points of this great country to have fun, and share a common bond.
A bunch of new and a few old stories were told at the fire place with friends and neighbors-
plenty of good food and lots of brew for the merry crew.
Other than being told there was a fire ban, the one of the security guys basicly telling us
when we arrived- " As long you keep it small, use it for cooking, and for religious spiritual reflection- it's permitted." and he stated we can't stop you if you meet those needs.
We all looked at each other and all said, in our own words we can meet those requirements.
Well the event ended with nobody ending up in the hospital, burned or broken bones, or even warned by security about anything more than usual pranks and loud noise late at
night, and usely threated with banishment, along with you guys should know better
and don't do that again.
Well I'am planing for the spring shoot, with even more expectations and great times
along with my friends, and good times for all. :D

68t

Looks, like all had a blast. I didn,t get to be there.:mad: but hope the be there the next time. We has the blackhawks on yano range ,firing door gunner school in 02, at knox, fun fun

panshark

I've learned out here in Idaho not to post picture of folks having fun with guns, seems they get particularly paranoid that men in suits will knock on their door in the indefinite future, and politely request the surrender of such articles of fun...a small word of advice for those who aren't in the best physical shape...bring a water bottle and a walking stick, it gets sorta muggy in the woods, and the campus isn't flat everywhere...you'll be walking down a decent hill to get to some rental ranges. Hence, you will expect to return in an uphill fashion.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've learned out here in Idaho not to post picture of folks having fun with guns, seems they get particularly paranoid that men in suits will knock on their door in the indefinite future, and politely request the surrender of such articles of fun..

True enough...thats why I don't have any.

panshark

True enough...thats why I don't have any.
Come on, PB, just because you don't have any fun taking pictures of yourself shooting full-auto weapons, there's still plenty of ways to have fun. There's the home shopping network, bible study groups, and also some great cross-stitching projects. Or better yet, GOING OFF-ROAD IN AN EXTREMELY AWESOME TACTICAL VEHICLE! I'm just saying, you might need to open yourself up to new activities...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Come on, PB, just because you don't have any fun taking pictures of yourself shooting full-auto weapons, there's still plenty of ways to have fun. There's the home shopping network, bible study groups, and also some great cross-stitching projects. Or better yet, GOING OFF-ROAD IN AN EXTREMELY AWESOME TACTICAL VEHICLE! I'm just saying, you might need to open yourself up to new activities...
Ummm...I'm just gonna let that float right on out to sea!!...LOL:roll:rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks