• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King of the rattle can

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
On Saturday I took the day and spent it sanding and thenpainting the entry doors to my home. I did this unannounced, and while she was working, painted the doors bright red. It turnedout pretty good. Much cheaper than new doors. While spending over 4 hours spray painting coat after coat, my paint fumed-laden mind started to wander. I have seen some pretty good MV paint jobs out there done with the rattle can, verses the gun. My son, Hedelta has one of the camo rattle can paint jobs that is very good,and it was done by the previous owner. I would like to see who has done the best paint work with a can. And I promise to post a pic of my red doors...Who is the king of the can out there????

badgmc56

Now that you mention it, I really don't know exactly. I started out with 10 cans and just kept buying them as I needed them. The truck already had a good base, I just freshened it up a bit. Walmart has Krylon camo paint for 3.00 and some change a can. Probably spent about 100.00 or so on paint. Maybe a little more. I painted the inside also.

BillIdaho

The ordinary flat black from WalMart, (I think it's about $1.50 a can) WILL turn to chalky grey after a year in the sun. I promise.
The Ultra flat (black in this case) camo paint they sell however works much better in the sunlight/fade issue.

coyotegray

One thing I discovered about using a rattlecan is to only paint when there is almost no wind. If it's the least bit windy you will have the tendency to put the can too close to compensate and get a crapy paint job...

Here is a pic of my dad’s truck I painted with Krylon…

Andy.

Attachments

randyscycle

Here is my M715 in Krylon "Olive"

It has held up well for nearly 2 years now, and touch up is as easy as a quick spray. The only issue I have noticed is that it isn't nearly as scratch resistant as Enamel applied with a gun. That and it takes a LOT of cans to cover well. I did prep the body the same as any paint job first, by sanding, then using an etching primer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks