• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King of the rattle can

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I order using Rapco's shopping cart and usually get my order in 2 to 3 days. They always call to get approval on the freight amount prior to shipping.

cucv1833

Just wanted to share some pics of my rattle can job. (Rapco paint) I bought a case of mixed 383 green and brown, and 911 black and painted my M1009 and M101A2 and still got a can or two left. I did the m1009 one day and the M101A2 another. Did both in a few hours. The trailer took a little more prepping and for as cleanup. i still need to do the underside.

Attachments

Nemba

question on which color my Hmmwv is

441848_6002_159_0002.jpg441848_6002_162_0002 4.jpg
Thank you everyone for all the information, I just purchased a Hmmwv andwas wondering if any guru out there could pin down the correct color for me.....looking to stay with the lighter color

AvrgJoe

My truck didn't look bad when I got it but it was solid tan.... I mean not a speck of black on it except for the exhaust stack. All the stenciling and other black you see has been from a rattle can (Rustoleum Flat Black Professional) I plan on continuing this path and blacking out the wheels and the whole front end of the truck. the only other material I've used to black out is LineX Spray in bed liner. The steps have been sprayed and the bumperets and the front bumper will be sprayed in the near future.

Attachments