• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King of the rattle can

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my M715 with a Krylon Camo OD paint job. It took 21 cans @ $4/can from WallyWorld.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting fender flairs!
Came from the Missorri Forestry Dept.

The 1/4" plating has saved the wheelwell flairs and the rocker panels. No major dents or rust. Plus they look "cool". Great to mount flame throwers or rocket lauchers to.....LOL

Maverick1701

so I gotta ask all you M35 guys... did you sand the entire vehicle before painting!?!?!

I am wanting to go from OD to tan but that seems like a lot to sand by hand....

dm22630

so I gotta ask all you M35 guys... did you sand the entire vehicle before painting!?!?!

I am wanting to go from OD to tan but that seems like a lot to sand by hand....

I use a grinder in the bed w/a wire wheel on it.....and a drill w/wire wheel over the whole truck. Then blow off all dust w/an airhose.

TheRecorder

I have been reading these posts on painting and such, can anyone give me an idea on the color type by name or number on my truck in this photo. I know photos can be off in color at times when viewing them on the computer. 3 color pattern.

Attachments

Farmun

Getting ready to re-paint the deuce. Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

My son really likes the darker green with the brown and black camo. I want to go with a flat finish to hide the imperfections. We will be using rattle-cans, so he can help with this project. I think we will go with Rapco 34052 Forest Green flat Marine Corp. Anyone use this particular color and finish? Pros/Cons?

Also, I want to follow the camo pattern from the tarp, and match it up on the body of the truck. I've noticed that many people don't really do this to a certain degree. Any reasons why not? Other than the tarp is not on the truck when laying out the camo pattern....

Milkman357

Where did you buy Aervoe? Big $$

Used Aervoe rattlecans, (979 forest green) keep touchup in the truck

Bulldog, very very good looking! [thumbzup]
Thats stuffs good but expensive.... WHat did you pay per can?

I've been using the Wally world Camo paint....Will post pics.
I did paint in the wind....and it does affect paint job....

The imperfect paint job kinda adds to the camo affect though... I'm using all Flat green... Wally work is having trouble keeping in stock.... I've went thru at least 12-14 so far and not done.