• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last Chance - M36 LWB w/w - $4000 - Ohio

jasonjc

I paid $2500.00 last year for a M36A2W/W from GL last year. Missing whinch,flywheel,clutch,trans,trans-trafer D/S,radiator. Unknow running stat. If I had $4000 that truck would be on its way here.

Miltrucks

Bob H - I think the only thing that is questionable on this really would be the transfer case. And I can tell you that I drove the truck that the spare transfer case came out of so I know that is good.

In theory, could check the fluids in the engine and start the thing up. I just haven't done so as it doesn't have the J pipe on it. Would proably take about 30 min to hook up the fuel tank, put some fuel in it, check the fluids, and get it running.

Brakes are up on it and working - that is how I moved it aorund at the farm. Pulled it about 40 miles back to the shop and none of the hubs where hot.

The auction where I got this - the guy had pulled a driveshaft from just about all of the 2.5 tons there. Most had the one between the rear duals removed, and one I got had the front one removed as he used it purely on the street. He only used these on paved road so he did so to help with tire wear (and turning on the M36). There was another M36 at that auction that wasn't as nice (but drivable) and it also had one of the shafts removed.

The only thing I can tell you about the trans as it seems to shift through all gears when moving.

I have no idea on the electrical on it as I have never had batteries hooked up on it.

The PTO and shaft came off of another working truck. The winch I purchased on a pallet. No idea of the condition of it until I get that hooked up.

With all of that though, it is still an unknown as I have personally never run or driven this vehicle.

It's gettin closer to parting out as I have a good list of people wanting the parts off of it. Whole it saves me a couple days work, but at this point, makes no difference which way I go with it I guess.

Miltrucks

RE: HArdtop and trans

Sounds good HeadWizard. It's looking more and more like it is going to get parted out as too many people need the parts that are on it.

I'll put your name on the list for both of those items.

I'm going to see how I get through things this weekend and I *might* be ready to start on it the following weekend.

citizensoldier

Oh and the lolypop signals and guards along with the drivers side fender. Spare tire carrier also.. Put me down as runner up.. Just send me a PM if you start to brake the truck down. Wish I could just buy the whole truck but bad timing..
Bob H.. Your missing a good one if you ask me..

Miltrucks

OK guys, I think I have enough people wanting the parts both on the site and off, that it is just going to make sense to part this thing out. I am actually going to change things around a bit and probably start on the truck this weekend.

For those of you who said you were interested in the certain parts, I'll get with you after this weekend and let you know the parts are off and ready to go.

If anybody else want's parts, just let me know. I'll be updating the website this evening with the details.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it gets parted out, I'll take the side light mounts on the turnsignals and on the sidesof the bed... Wiring too if it's not too hard to get off...

Miltrucks

OK - So just to recap....

Winch bumper / extensions - builder77
Front turn signal brackets - emando22
Driver side fender - citizensoldier
Hardtop - Headwizard
Spare tire braket - citizensoldier
Bed / Staves / Cover - emando22
Transmission - Headwizard
Winch shift lever - builder77
Tires / Wheels - Armada first, citizensoldier second -

I'll PM you guys later this evening with all the details. Bed and body parts will definately be off this weekend and available for pickup in short time. - even if you wanted them on Sunday. Tires the same way.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was too hasty in my post.. I dont want the bed..

To be clear, the marker lights and mounts on the SIDES of the turn signal, and the red lights/ mounts that are UNDER the sides of the bed