• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last Chance - M36 LWB w/w - $4000 - Ohio

Miltrucks

Actually made a lot of progress on the truck today. Hope to have most of it finished up tomorrow for those people wanting parts.

All of the sheet metal is off, cab is off and still pulling parts out. Toolbox / Batt box dropped, radiator out Bed is ready to come off the chassis, and then I'll be pulling the engine / trans out. Axles, driveshafts, and suspension will also be coming out tomorrow afternoon.

Only ran into one issue today that caused a few problems with the hardtop. Someone (not mentioning any names, but I was the only one working on it) forgot to disconnect the slave cable receptacle ground wire when hoisting the cab with the crane. Caused the cab to spring up, hit the bed, and jump the chains so they dented the hardtop some. OOps - hate it when that happens! Stripping this one backwards of the way I normally do (usually I pull the bed first), and at the angle I was sitting on the crane, didn't have the best visibility to that side of the truck. Lesson Learned: Once you figure out how to do something - always do it the same way. Changing routine gets you in trouble!

Found out the trans has a PTO on it, so I'll be pulling that off as well as I think one or two of you have asked for one. Builder77 gets first crack at it though since he is buying a lot of the other winch setup parts.

By EOD tomorrow (Sun), it will be pretty much down to the final pieces for people. Those who are picking up parts can get them Monday, Friday, or next Sunday.

Keeping the bed whole on this at this point. Hopefully someone will have a good use for it. I used a M35 chassis a long time ago with one of these 17' beds to make a killer tandem axle dropside trailer. Short chassis works great and wheels are in the right spot for the longer bed. If someone wants to make another one of those, I can share details as to how it was done.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is that a transmission PTO or a transfercase PTO. I need a rear facing PTO for the HIAB. I better list all the tiny stuff I need that were missing from my deuce as it was the mechanics parts store before I got it.

-Center battery cable
-Glad hand dummies with chains
-wires to the alternator-entire thick ones, and as much of the trigger wire as you can
-rear wiring harness from the main bundle to the rear lights(someone else mentioned rear wiring, so I can probably use the front lights wiring just cut it far out as the butchers it hard there. I general extra wire ends back from the end would be helpful. Oh I could use the passenger side healight wiring harness wires that includes the horn wire.
-alternator pulley or entire alternator(if cheap as I already have one)
-entire front axle air disconnect bracket wire, and air line
-Fuel gauge clamp that locks the fuel gauge to the dash from the back.
-Gas pedal
-Engine kill cable
-Parking brake pads and mounting hardware
-upper expanded metal grill grate

If able include nuts an bolts where they belong.

When you mentioned the winch lever do you mean just the lever, or all the linkages, plates, etc to hook up the lever to the PTO?
On the west coast mirror are you just talking about the mirrors or the frames? My frames have problems, but my mirrors are fine.
Thanks,
Ethan

Rattlehead

Miltrucks said:
Keeping the bed whole on this at this point. Hopefully someone will have a good use for it. I used a M35 chassis a long time ago with one of these 17' beds to make a killer tandem axle dropside trailer. Short chassis works great and wheels are in the right spot for the longer bed. If someone wants to make another one of those, I can share details as to how it was done.
Is this bed a dropside? I just picked up a project, to be made into a trailer but will be needing a bed. Was planning on shortening the frame to fit a deuce bed for maneuverability, but nothing is set in stone at this time.

Attachments

Miltrucks

Yes - as gimpyrobb said, the passenger side of the bed is a 2 pc dropside. Front have and back half drop independently. Makes them a bit easier to handle then the 12' dropsides.

Driver side is fixed just like a normal bed.

Tell you what - $700 and you can have it just to get it out of my way with the crane. PM me for more details.

Miltrucks

kcimb,

It has already been scrapped.

Have some engine parts, the bed, the tires/wheels, the rockwell axles, and I think the tool box left of it. Axles and tires/wheels are going up on Ebay later this evening.

If you need anything, just let me know.

Miltrucks

Oh - and if anyone needs the special extended rear driveshaft and pillow block for a spare, I did keep that back as well as that is a hard part to come by on the LWB trucks.

Miltrucks

citizensoldier - Yup, as Stretch said, the plastic batt box was one of the first items go.

Kenny - You know you need the set of tires and wheels. :) :) They were just listed up on Ebay this evening.

I have to get the rest of these parts moved out here in the next couple weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks