• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last ditch fuel choices for a Multifuel....

G-Force

I wish,
Not only are the machines expensive new but parts........yeah, you'd be screamin if you had to buy parts. The pic I posted is one of the simplest machnies we make with the fewest amount of gaskets...2 to be exact and both o-rings........

jollygreen

I work for a case dealer and when we do a service on a machine there can be a lot of waste oil. Hydraulic, motor oil, axle fluid, tranny fluid. i did a service on a wheel loader just the other day and got 55 gal of "fuel" for jollygreen. i filtered it through a filter caddy(after changing its filters) then cut it with some gas and filled jollygreen's tank. then yall know i had to go for a run down the road and see how bad i fouled up by doing that. i ran around for 45 min and all i found was that it smoked more!!!(truck gasm....oh yea!!) parked it and went in side giggling. i love my truck!!!!! also im thinking of adding a 30 gal reserve tank and a extra 55 gal drum sitting around for (the $&@# hitting the fan scenario)

johnnypayphone

I've searched the site and can find no mention of petroluem jelly. Yet for various reasons we find ourselves with 8000 gallons of it that need to go! Has anyone run a deuce on it, or, do you think a simple heated tank would liquify it enough? I wonder if there is something that can be added to vaseline to make it runny.

Pawnshop

I don't know for sure but I would think that if it's mixed with enough gasoline or diesel you could thin it out enough to use as fuel. 8000 gal is a LOT of any fuel, that is going to take a loooong time to burn in a Deuce

frodobaggins

I've searched the site and can find no mention of petroluem jelly. Yet for various reasons we find ourselves with 8000 gallons of it that need to go! Has anyone run a deuce on it, or, do you think a simple heated tank would liquify it enough? I wonder if there is something that can be added to vaseline to make it runny.

To melt it, you'll need a temp of 245°F.

Thinning it, I don't know, haven't tried it.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would take my air driven diaphram pump and start hitting home oil tanks, chemical plants, land fil recycle centers, abaodoned cars and trucks and repair shops for anything that burns and has an acceptable BTU level. The air on the deuce will run the pump, but it does not need a flooded suction like an electric pump, and it can pull out of an underground tank with the pump mounted on the truck. I would set up 3 filters to process the material as it was transfered into my holding tank or into the Buffalo behind my truck. I am sure glad at this point that i purchased all of those solar chargers from Northern Tools. I am also glad I have thousands of rounds of ammo to defend my fuel depot, motor pool and bunker that the family now lives in. I am glad i can hunt, fish and the will to live out my life as the local war loard like a Somali cheif. I just pray I do not get a kidney stone or need a root canal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks