• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last M123a1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have to say that we need to look at changing the rules. I don't see any reason why "rare" vehicles should be exempted from posting information about them DURING the time of the auction. These type postings can be done after the sale ends, so that we don't end up costing one of our members who may be the buyer thousands of dollars due to the needless promotion by "I decided not to buy it so..." members. Yes the pictures and listing will go bye-bye at least on GL the day after its close, but these days of unlimited HD space I am sure if you find it interesting you can take the time to save the pics and information to post for posterity after the action closes. One exemption might be for non-common sites where getting some information out about a private sale or local auction that might end up with no one from here noticing it and the scrapper taking a haul of good green stuff.

Another potential fix would be to not allow ANY type of post like this by members with under say 25 postings as it appears to me that it is often the new members that do this as they don't fully understand the etiquette of the site. This would protect the new members from getting a bad introduction to this site because of the annoyance caused by inappropriate posts.

texas-5-ton said:
Whats the latest with the truck????

How about we talk about it AFTER the auction closes.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The rules say no frivolous auction posting of any vehilces that can be found using a search engine on your favorite surplus website, rare or not. It also says use your common sense. It also says, don't post it if you wouldn't post it while bidding on it.

1. NO COLLUSION. This means NO posts where we share our GL numbers, posts where we organize bidding for or against each other, or posts where we say what trucks we are bidding on and promise not to bid on each other's trucks. Members involved in collusion will be warned and then banned if the warning is ignored.

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis. If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK. Posting a link to your eBay listing is OK. If it looks frivolous, and I know that is very subjective, then it will be deleted or edited by myself or a moderator. Think about why you are posting about item X. Would you still post it if you were bidding on it? If you have someone in mind for it, send them a PM. Don't clog up the forum with a bunch of fluff postings.

3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: This means if you are really ticked because a SS member posted something that you were going to bid on, bite your tongue. Be nice to each other, but if it is a frivolous auction posting, don't be surprised if it gets some sarcastic remarks from other members. I know this isn't Kindergarten, but meanness won't be tolerated. Most of us put up with enough bull in our daily lives and don't want it here too. Attack posts will be edited or deleted by me or a moderator. Repeat attackers will be warned and may be banned if the behavior is not corrected.
I'm locking this thread up. Good luck to anyone who's bidding. I found this item searching for "truck" almost 2 weeks ago so it doesn't qualify as being hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks