• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest bob project gets new CARC

ranchhopper

I bobbed it because I have a five ton I do parades with so I really didnt need a full sized deuce and now with its multi fuel capabilities I can run it around town on waste oil virtually for free. The truck being bobbed allows for much more versitility I have a cargo cover and bows for the trailer bed so it can double as a camper when attending rallys. I have bobbed many deuces and one five ton cutting down the bed is one option but I sold the bed so it was not feasible. I have done the bed cutting thing before and used 105 trailers for beds but this is aluminum and light weight and I like the wheel well being positioned further back as it is and not centered as on a 105 bed I think it looks much better this way.

plym49

I bobbed it because I have a five ton I do parades with so I really didnt need a full sized deuce and now with its multi fuel capabilities I can run it around town on waste oil virtually for free. The truck being bobbed allows for much more versitility I have a cargo cover and bows for the trailer bed so it can double as a camper when attending rallys. I have bobbed many deuces and one five ton cutting down the bed is one option but I sold the bed so it was not feasible. I have done the bed cutting thing before and used 105 trailers for beds but this is aluminum and light weight and I like the wheel well being positioned further back as it is and not centered as on a 105 bed I think it looks much better this way.
I have to agree, it looks awesome. Great recycling of material, too. I'd buy it from you in a NY minute if you were selling (and I had any $$$!). Nice job!

tuckered

Thanks for the info ranchhopper, I was curious. I figured that some city laws place parking restrictions etc too. I know of several places that wont even allow a tow truck owner to park their vehicles in the owner's drive ways. I'd like to get one too, but I just cant think of where to park it and what to really do with it once i had one. By that I mean, on an everyday basis to justify the expenses. (ie i'm broke).

thnksa

ranchhopper

I think you would be easier off to get a bobbed truck not much bigger than a four door pick up truck. You get around a lot of restrictive laws by loosing the third axle and not running commercial plates because now it can be plated as the same weight class as a one ton truck. Im in the same boat as you no cash thats why I chose to build my own plus I got a great deal on the truck to begin with.

ryan77

I think you would be easier off to get a bobbed truck not much bigger than a four door pick up truck. You get around a lot of restrictive laws by loosing the third axle and not running commercial plates because now it can be plated as the same weight class as a one ton truck. Im in the same boat as you no cash thats why I chose to build my own plus I got a great deal on the truck to begin with.
No cash i thought you were rich!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks