• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest bob project gets new CARC

ranchhopper

I bobbed it because I have a five ton I do parades with so I really didnt need a full sized deuce and now with its multi fuel capabilities I can run it around town on waste oil virtually for free. The truck being bobbed allows for much more versitility I have a cargo cover and bows for the trailer bed so it can double as a camper when attending rallys. I have bobbed many deuces and one five ton cutting down the bed is one option but I sold the bed so it was not feasible. I have done the bed cutting thing before and used 105 trailers for beds but this is aluminum and light weight and I like the wheel well being positioned further back as it is and not centered as on a 105 bed I think it looks much better this way.

plym49

I bobbed it because I have a five ton I do parades with so I really didnt need a full sized deuce and now with its multi fuel capabilities I can run it around town on waste oil virtually for free. The truck being bobbed allows for much more versitility I have a cargo cover and bows for the trailer bed so it can double as a camper when attending rallys. I have bobbed many deuces and one five ton cutting down the bed is one option but I sold the bed so it was not feasible. I have done the bed cutting thing before and used 105 trailers for beds but this is aluminum and light weight and I like the wheel well being positioned further back as it is and not centered as on a 105 bed I think it looks much better this way.
I have to agree, it looks awesome. Great recycling of material, too. I'd buy it from you in a NY minute if you were selling (and I had any $$$!). Nice job!

tuckered

Thanks for the info ranchhopper, I was curious. I figured that some city laws place parking restrictions etc too. I know of several places that wont even allow a tow truck owner to park their vehicles in the owner's drive ways. I'd like to get one too, but I just cant think of where to park it and what to really do with it once i had one. By that I mean, on an everyday basis to justify the expenses. (ie i'm broke).

thnksa

ranchhopper

I think you would be easier off to get a bobbed truck not much bigger than a four door pick up truck. You get around a lot of restrictive laws by loosing the third axle and not running commercial plates because now it can be plated as the same weight class as a one ton truck. Im in the same boat as you no cash thats why I chose to build my own plus I got a great deal on the truck to begin with.

ryan77

I think you would be easier off to get a bobbed truck not much bigger than a four door pick up truck. You get around a lot of restrictive laws by loosing the third axle and not running commercial plates because now it can be plated as the same weight class as a one ton truck. Im in the same boat as you no cash thats why I chose to build my own plus I got a great deal on the truck to begin with.
No cash i thought you were rich!!!!