• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest bob project gets new CARC

ranchhopper

Well it has been a great weekend to paint so I hurried and got all the mechanicals done on my bobber project and started on the paint. In the 80 degree temps the paint took no time at all to dry I used type one CARC and got it done pretty quick. Next week I will flip the hubs and get the 395s mounted on the new wheels and mount them on the truck I have two 1102 trailers coming this week one will be the donor bed for this truck. One nice thing with the wheel well on the 1102 is positioned back farther than on a 105 bed so you can use the original drive shaft the wheel opening sits right over where the front drive axle was originally positioned. I used an A3 aluminum tank and kept its original check valve in place so even with the new electric fuel pump mounted on the frame rail I get no drain back of fuel as soon as the bed is mounted I will finish the three color paint job. The new 1102 bed has a cover and bows looks like I will be useing this as a camper down in haspin this spring as well.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Got the 395s mounted on the PLS wheels and on the truck now to get the sandblaster and clean the CARC off the rear tire. The hub flip was a pain but its done now to finish cutting the bed off the 1102 I will have the tongue and surge brake set up plus two stabilizers from the trailer left over if they can be used by someone.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Its getting done a little at a time I worked on it all day until 745 last night I was one sore old guy this is getting more like work every day. It will be finished for poofstock and haspin this year I have the cargo cover and bows for a shelter to camp in too.

HanksDeuce

Looks great!

It's good to see another truck with all of those holes in the back of the cab. I guess I'll have to fill them with something before my A/C project gets started.

ranchhopper

Looks great!

It's good to see another truck with all of those holes in the back of the cab. I guess I'll have to fill them with something before my A/C project gets started.
Yes the holes are there I should have closed them up before painting it I know better but old timers strikes again carraige bolts work perfect for closing them up.

ranchhopper

Well I had enough time after work to set the new bed on the bobber I have a few things to work out yet to make it right. Im going to have to loose the pintle hitch to make room for the step bumper Im going to add a reese style hitch to the frame rails instead. I have to raise up the bed a bit more two inch oak strips instead of the standard three quarter pieces there is not enough clearance for the fittings on top of the air tanks. Im going to fab up some diamond plate rear fenders or may go with a set from the original bed from the truck I thing it will look much better once the rear is all finished and the CARC paint job on the tires (courtesy of the military) is sand blasted off.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks