• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465 in a daily driver?

kawibrute

I have a few things here and there like the canvas top and a couple more gauges but other then that it is ready to go! FINALLY!! :beer:
I am going to change the rear end gears from 3.73 to 3.08 for lower RPM's at 60 and I am also going to put semi super singles on the rear once I find the right wheel adapters at a price I feel ok with:)

Last edited:

moriboy

Here's another idea..How about putting a multi fuel in a modern pickup bed, and making it front wheel drive? I would think any Dana 60 front end would easily handle the torque. Or, even cooler would be to use a hydraulic pump to turn the drivetrain, like a modern hydrostatic tractor....

kawibrute

Fantastic! Tell us again what you used for a driveline and chassis rails.
The frame I built myself I run and own a Fabrication shop out of 2x4 3/16 square tube. I am using the spicer trans and the rear end is a chevy 12 bolt out of a truck. The driveshaft is custom made. The front end is a suicide solid axle from Speedway with a custom front spring to handle the weight and coil overs in the rear.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone was mentioning putting one in a Dodge D500...

I just got that old D600 and I use it to collect WVO, and it sure could use a diesel... It only does 55 mph right now anyway, really needs a 5th gear or 2spd rear end. I do have a couple of spare LDTs... :twisted: I think it would fit in the engine compartment just fine, and the truck is rated for 24,000lbs... it is concidered to be a 2.5 ton. What do you guys think? I know it would get at least as good mileage as the 318 that's in it now. Fuel costs would drop to near free too.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/85273-ferro-picked-up-his-fuel-truck-today.html

drjosjam

LDT Rat rod

Hi folks, I am new to this forum and to Deuce. I am the new proud owner of this rat rod and thought to revive this thread. It needs some work for me to feel safe driving it even though it is very much drivable as is.

I am not a military person, but a part time civilian physician at Detroit MEPS, doing physicals for aspirants to military.

I am wondering if there is anyone nearby me in SE Michigan who can help me with fab work and check the engine and trans out for me.

Thanks for reading.:)$_57.jpg

I am going to start a new thread as this is old, please follow it here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?129462-LDT465-powered-rat-rod&p=1603382#post1603382

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks