• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT's in the cans

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, (& Gals), I have come across a possible opportunity to purchase some LDT-1D engines. They are late 80's to early 90's overhauls, complete with starter, compressor and alternator. Indications are that I can get possibly 10 engines. At this time I do not have any clue what the current owner may want for them. Can ya'll give me some ideas on what a reasonable price is for such? If, the values are reasonable and he goes for it then I can pick the up and get them to a rally or such for distribution.

I have no need of one, but if yall do let me know.

SMOKEWAGON66

Heck Id love to have a reman in the can...but its way too far for me to get in on. How much are all 10 engines? if its cheap go for it anyway...Id bet you can get 2K + for each one even if no one here wants one.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in at least one, depending on the price. Last one I got was not in a can, described as a deuce engine on a piece of frame. It was that and more. Only missing 18 inches of the back of the frame, had all springs and dogbones, radiator, transmission, transfer case and air tanks, no hydrovac - $550, delivered.

LanceRobson

What's the difference between an LDT and an LDS??

:driver::-D
Power output and cost. The LDS was the 5-ton truck multi-fuel engine although a few deuces got them for various reasons. From memory the LDT puts out 140 HP and the LDT is about 200-210 HP but at any rate the LDS engines bring a big price premium since they give you much more power to hold highway speeds.

The only drawback I'm aware of with an LDS is that if the operator gets careless at low speeds or off road and really gooses the throttle you can twist off drive line parts or burn up the clutch pretty quickly.

Lance

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pull off a valve cover, and check for rust. Have seen that a couple times, even in a can.

Yup, I've seen that too. Usually you can see it through the oil fill cap. If you loosen the rocker arms(closes the valves), you should be able to clean it up prior to starting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks