• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Legislative Counsel in Georgia wanted to add the exclusion for vehicles owned and operated by the state of Georgia, the US or god forbid foreign government military vehicles operating in the US. It does not hurt us and does not even apply to private owners. The terminology related to armed for combat is a live combat armed vehicle which would and should not be sold via the DRMO channels in the first place. More on this later after the bill becomes law. Next year we can work on bumper markings. If you make things to difficult you limit your chances to make any change.

Thanks TOW for the Florida law!!!

Such term shall not include motor vehicles armed for combat or vehicles owned or operated by this state, the United States, or any foreign government."

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to get the suit and tie out of the closet today. Big meeting this afternoon with the Senate Transportation Committee. All Ahead Full Captain!

I will update everyone later on how the meeting goes.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back downtown, meeting was moved back from 3:00 to 4:00. Killing time getting a tan in parking lot

I hate late meetings

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393269740.676919.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does everyone know the history of the gold dome??

Originally constructed from terra cotta and covered with tin, in a 1958 renovation the present dome was gilded with native gold leaf from near Dahlonega in Lumpkin County, where the first American gold rush occurred during the 1830s. For this reason, legislative business is often referred to as what is happening "under the gold dome" by media across the state.

zout

Ya all scoot to the edge of your computer seat - awesome news is to be announced.
Here is your hard earned $$$$$'s at work for those that donated - for those that did not - here is some great news to come ------still get you to participate.

zout

Told ya a while back to just hang on - I already know the details but you need to hear the news first hand from Swiss - its just not my place on the totem to post the results

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya all scoot to the edge of your computer seat - awesome news is to be announced.
Here is your hard earned $$$$$'s at work for those that donated - for those that did not - here is some great news to come ------still get you to participate.
And for those that have not donated their is still time to help out with a donation. Their are still some hurdles to clear.

zout

Great Thanks PP - it still has the House to get through before this ends - the LOOBYIST IS THE ONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND YES I AM YELLING - ITS TIME TO YELL

Help and donate please - there are few days left of the General Committee

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to run from the GA Senate transportation committee straight to Boy Scout meeting. It was an intense afternoon, the meeting was delayed and we started around 4:00. It is just like the meetings in TV and I got called up to testify about the merits of the bill. The senators all had excellent questions and I must have taken over 10 detailed questions related to the bill and various items.

Good is thing I stayed at a holiday inn express last night. :)

After 30 minutes of discussion a motion was made to vote. The vote passed unanimously.

We are now off to the full senate floor. Georgia members stand by and be ready to locate your state senator and call them to ask for thier support. I will provide more instructions tommorrow.

We we have a great group of sponsors on the bill and a great group of senators on the committee.

Go find the name if your senator via google the links below and report in once you have completed this task.

Last edited:

zout

For those that ahhhh how can I put this - that may need a push and make it so simple all you have to do is click now:
http://www.unityparty.us/georgia-senators-representatives.htm - Swiss will advise WHAT to say and WHEN to say anything and HOW to say it. Do not take it upon yourself to elaborate more than what we are asking.

Its not censorship - its not The American Way - but some are so far behind we're trying to keep you up to speed and not cause ripples at the end.

Did I mention you can still DONATE

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job Swiss!!! I'm ready with my state senator:Steve Thompson (D) district 33 Powder Springs I will not only be contacting him on your "go", but will have my neighbors help as well!!
HardImpact, Senator Thomas was in attendance today as a member of the Senate Transportation Committee. Please call his office. Tell them your name, address and that you thank him for his support of Senate Bill 392 Military Vehicles in the Senate Transportation Committee meeting held on Monday 2/24/14. You will be talking most likely to an administrative assistant as the Senators are in meetings most of the time, but they will take your message and relay it to the Senator. That is all you have to say.

Thank you for also making the effort to look up your Senators information and report back.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Georgia Members: Please use the following link to locate your Senator: You will have to look at the city in this search that is nearest to you, and then click on the district to review the map. Make sure you have correctly identified your Senator.

http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/SenateMembersList.aspx

In the picture below you will see how I located my State Senator by finding the nearest city Gainesville, then clicking on the district to review the map. Then click on the Senator's name and you will get their office contact information.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following Senators are Sponsors of Senate Bill 392 Military Vehicles. Members in Georgia that are in these Senators Districts need to thank them for Sponsoring the Bill.

Senator Steve Gooch: Dahlonega Main Sponsor

Senator Jeff Mullis: Chickamuaga Co Sponsor

Senator Butch Miller Gainesville Co Sponsor

Senator Mike Dugan Carrollton Co Sponsor (Mike is a Veteran)

Senator John Willkenson Toccoa Co Sponsor

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks