• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And in even a few years, these "newer" trucks will be old and coming to GL cheaper while you are still around playing with MVs, but you can't register that old lady UNLESS the bill gets approved. Today, its not 25 years and older, today the cut-off line is 1985. So if the law does not change, in a few years a 30 year old truck still cannot be registered because its from 1986.

So CALL your senator AND while you're at it, donate $5

zout

Read the Header under the SB 392 - just so you have full attention - if this does not pass it is dead for another full year - CALL YOUR SENATOR BEFORE FRIDAY EVENING IN GEORGIA

SB 392 Note: This bill will no longer be active if it does not pass out of its chamber or origin by crossover day Motor Vehicles; provide additional definition; acceptance of applications for registration; not in compliance with federal emission standards Current Status: Senate Committee Favorably Reported Current Version: As introduced LC 39 0639 Official Summary: A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to motor vehicles, so as to provide for an additional definition; to provide for acceptance of applications for registration for certain motor vehicles not in compliance with federal emission standards; to provide for acceptance of applications for title for certain motor vehicles not in compliance with federal emission standards; to exclude certain motor vehicles from the definition of "unconventional motor vehicle or motorcycle"; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes. - See more at: http://legislativenavigator.myajc.com/#bills/SB/392

MLBHUNTRESS

No title or tag

I just went to the Jackson co tag office today. I had previously gotten a tag for my 1989 M923A2 & M35A3, Today I went in to do the new one time tax and they questioned why I had gotten denied a title. So the lady called the state people and the lady had notes written in that they will not give tags or titles to military trucks and that they are not to be driven on the roads period. Now you can build a make shift trailer and get a tag but not a street legal military truck. How do we do rally's and parades and the state allow it but will not give a tag. How do we get around this?? Makes no sense at all:?.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had a long day. I did call, but Mr. Heath's VM is full. I will try to call tomorrow. I did send him an email and posted on his facebook page.

zout

MLBhuntress - FIRST - start by reading this entire thread from post #1.

2nd - contact Swiss to donate to the lobbyist.
3rd BEFORE Friday -call your district Senator and ask them to pass SB 392

Your asking questions that are all answered here already - no more than 100 folks to get this passed (donated) at this point and even less that it seems Calling Their Senators to pass this SB 392 so we can all title them and register them in Ga.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just went to the Jackson co tag office today. I had previously gotten a tag for my 1989 M923A2 & M35A3, Today I went in to do the new one time tax and they questioned why I had gotten denied a title. So the lady called the state people and the lady had notes written in that they will not give tags or titles to military trucks and that they are not to be driven on the roads period. Now you can build a make shift trailer and get a tag but not a street legal military truck. How do we do rally's and parades and the state allow it but will not give a tag. How do we get around this?? Makes no sense at all:?.
MLBhuntress - FIRST - start by reading this entire thread from post #1.

2nd - contact Swiss to donate to the lobbyist.
3rd BEFORE Friday -call your district Senator and ask them to pass SB 392

Your asking questions that are all answered here already - no more than 100 folks to get this passed (donated) at this point and even less that it seems Calling Their Senators to pass this SB 392 so we can all title them and register them in Ga.
I went back and read about the first 200 posts (there are 480+ posts in the thread) and I don't see anything about pre-1986 vehicles being denied-so am I missing something?

A 1967 M35A2C should have no problem-a 1987 M35A2C should not be titled but many have been, albeit incorrectly.

Better hope that the state hasn't decided to go all Wisconsin on us.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I went back and read about the first 200 posts (there are 480+ posts in the thread) and I don't see anything about pre-1986 vehicles being denied-so am I missing something?

A 1967 M35A2C should have no problem-a 1987 M35A2C should not be titled but many have been, albeit incorrectly.

Bet on it....has or will if swiss' efforts are not successful.

MLBHUNTRESS

Clinto, I am sorry to have ruffled you feathers I was mearly stating that it has happened to me to. I did not mean to ask the same stupid question that has been asked before. Man I think I need not be on this site. You treat people like never mind won't post again.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, I am sorry to have ruffled you feathers I was mearly stating that it has happened to me to. I did not mean to ask the same stupid question that has been asked before. Man I think I need not be on this site. You treat people like never mind won't post again.

It would be helpful if you can get me the facts, I am confused. It seems you got registration renewed for a 1997 deuce??

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MLB so if I understand you correctly

you got a registration and license for a deuce last year and this year when you went back they said they would not renew?

Please confirm I understand correctly, or provide more details. Secondly I need to know the year of the deuce as listed on the regustration

MLBHUNTRESS

MLB so if I understand you correctly

you got a registration and license for a deuce last year and this year when you went back they said they would not renew?

Please confirm I understand correctly, or provide more details. Secondly I need to know the year of the deuce as listed on the regustration
Yes, I got the registration and tag last year it is a 1997. I can give you more details when I have the registration in hand. It is on our property 2 hours away in Hillsboro. I will be going there this weekend and provide more info. But apparently the lady at the DMV was not suppose to. When they sent paperwork in for the title is when it was rejected for a title. But yes I did get a registration and tag for this vehicle and I also got the registration for my 5ton which is a 1989 and again rejected for a title.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for clarifying, so you have new renewed license tags for both vehicles but could not get a title?

zout

Mlbhuntress - hang around and please bear with us as this has been a struggle and still is.

The GA law is very clear in the Code of Regulations - what the DMV has done could be starting to get rectified as I had previouisly stated many posts back. As in - the DMV was now aware of the mistake's in no matter what Mfg name the MV was - it is the year of the vehicle.

I did see you stated in post 503 it was a 1989 ? Then I saw later a 1997 ? Both of these if given a registration and a title is illegal at this time - and way back I stated a gave a heads up the State may at any time start a process of pulling those that went through by force or misrepresented or whatever - its the Year and not Mfg that is the key.

That is why we have been trying to impress in whatever shape manner or form and in all types of different language we need this Ga Code of Regulations changed - and it is nearly there in an extremely short period of time due to Swiss's efforts and contacts.

Hang around and do not get discrouraged - we need you and your just getting into this - stick around.

Anyone catching up - CALL YOUR SENATOR TODAY - FAX them (their web sites show their office fax numbers) Donate if you can as this is not over BUT come MONDAY this Bill has to cross over into the House by getting voted on - this is the reason you need to call for them to VOTE YES on it.

Yes I am partially yelling - its just trying to impress the importance of this to make those calling for your Senator in your specific District to vote yes on SB 392 Bill on Monday. Come Monday night its history one way or the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks