• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

Poking the bear

Bear was already poked before this started as it was advised to me from the higher ups they were already investigating this issue. The only problem was - no one knew about it and if they did it never got mentioned.

We had no forward movement till I received a denial letter in the mail from the top office - that gave us what they had under Ga Law to start the movement to get this into what we have to date. I have denial letters from the bottom to the top.

It was mentioned that two personnel lost their jobs due to forcing units into the system previous to all of this.

Does it give them more momentun - absolutely - could it happen if this does not pass - I would bet on it.

More reason to not sit back on the haunches and just wish and hope it will just all go away.

Call your Senator office before Friday closing day or fax them to vote Yes on SB 392 to get it crossed over into the House.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided against posting a List of Shame this morning on this thread. I did PM everyone that I could think of quickly and ask them to call and report back. Anyone that knows a GEORGIA SS member please PM them, call them, e-mail them and make sure that they make the necessary phone calls.

Thanks!

PS: I have no clue what they are doing with my AVATAR and I don't have time to fix.

zout

Now you know why I don't like my picture taken - it makes me look goofier than I already am - especially when cut and pasted - kind of like my hair. It is funny tho aua

undysworld

Bears v. Outlaws

Poking the bear gets his attention more than just walking quietly around him.
Unless it's a legal bear, in which case just walking quietly around him still makes you an outlaw. Bears seem to like to mess with outlaws. Zout's right, the bear was already poked, and now he's looking for the outlaws. Unless you actually believe that driving an illegal green truck is in your best interests, it's better to change the bear (laws).

Sorry we out-of-staters can't do more to help. Please Georgia members, pick up the phones now. Push for your rights.

Don't forget to have your friends and family call their Senators too… Ask your Dad, Mom, kids, cousins… They all vote, so they count just as much as you do. Call Call Call...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My point was the fact that several people, albeit incorrectly, have had their vehicles titled. The fallout from this might be detrimental if this hadn't been brought to higher ups attention.

I have called my senator today though. I hope this gets passed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have called and emailed my State Senator (Frank Ginn) and asked that he support SB392.

Just so everyone is clear, you do not need to contact your representative in the House-for now, just contact your Senator.

I have contacted many of my local friends and will post this on my Facebook page.

Much thanks to Swiss for heading this up.

zout

Understood PT and it was taken that way as well - seeing as I had many pre-contact struggling through it all when first initiated is when I was "advised" of a lot of smaller detail that was soon to become unleashed amoungst us. I just as soon not go into it all as we have far surpassed this in an extremely short amount of time.

Now is the time to look forward - and per the above appreciated calls it add's ammo to our cans for this to get passed.

Another member here who rarely posts - Dinger65 - also contacted Sen Murphy from his district and also sent an e mail. This would be from the Cummins area.

We just need more Georgia members contacted per PM or calls to make the call into their Senators at this time.

Clinto is absolutely correct - there will be a time calls will need to take place to your House Representaive - calling them now would not be productive - later will be productive.

I also went through all the supporters from the Senate that are listed on the top of that Bill - called them and thanked them for their support as well and let it be know I had already contacted my District Senator.

KEEP EM RINGING FOLKS - thanks to those that took time to make the call or left messages - they will get them.

zout

TO all those that can and interested - come Monday here is your front row seat ticket - if you feel obligated that you should pay for a front row seat - DONATE or CALL - easy as apple pie.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Streaming/en-US/Both.aspx

Start looking up your House Representative here in Ga so you have that phone number handy when Swiss gives the heads up signal. He will puff smoke when ready.

3dAngus

Steven, thanks for the email and heads up. I have not been receiving emails with updates to many of the threads I have been subscribed to. I don't understand it, but it has been difficult to keep up with all the threads I have been interested in, and I certainly have NOT had any clue as to the status of this proposal. Many of you know, I have been very interested in the progress, but recently, with me not being on the subscription list and getting updates like I normally do, I haven't been on board with this and other keen points of interest in the MV community.

So, now that Swiss has emailed me and let me know something was going on, I will be happy to call my Senator tomorrow morning and put a burr under hiurs saddle on getting this thing going, and I don't mean just voting for it, but soliciting others to do the same.

As for people who are not active, I suggest you write or email your friends and let them know it is time to act, and call your Senator. If they have been having the same problems as I, they don't even know. It doesn't make them a slacker.
Thanks again Swiss. I appreciate all your hard work and letting me know it's time to act as well, via email. The special effort should pay off tomorrow.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Think you're taking the wrong tact 73m819. Maybe focus a little more on the upside, explaining why this is important and emphasizing the implications, but insulting people isn't the best way to get support we need. Spread the good word.

3dAngus

Ross Tolleson is a committee member of the Transportation committee. You said they already had a 100%, or unanimous vote at committee.
Do I still need to call him? If I had a copy of the latest proposal, I would knock on his door this weekend if necessary. I sold him and his brother some property a couple of years ago. Good man!
We're fortunate to have a good man like that up there. I'm confident you will have his full support.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ross Tolleson is a committee member of the Transportation committee. You said they already had a 100%, or unanimous vote at committee.
Do I still need to call him? If I had a copy of the latest proposal, I would knock on his door this weekend if necessary. I sold him and his brother some property a couple of years ago. Good man!
We're fortunate to have a good man like that up there. I'm confident you will have his full support.
Senator Tolleson was in the meeting, I would thank him for his support tommorrow of SB 392.

Thank you Dell!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick update that I wanted to pass along to others. I had a member from outside of the State of Georgia who wanted to help. He volunteered to contact other SS members in state of Georgia who may not have followed this thread or have not acted.

WOW huge thanks to this member from outside of Georgia that stepped in to help :)

Lets all stay on track, this is an emotional issue and I can understand 73m819's frustration. Honestly I was hoping that the normal GA members who jump all over parties and rallies would be on this like white on rice. Many did and thank you.

Back to our regularly scheduled program and lets get the calls finished up tomorrow! And remember ladies and gentlemen we have to do the same for the GA House late next week once we get a house bill number.

We are cleared by the tower and approaching runway 001!

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were a Georgia SS member who got a PM today from other SS members I would THANK THEM back for caring and taking the time to make sure that everyone knew what was going on. Sometimes we get hit with something that our first reaction is negative. I could see that some people may have looked at this PM negatively. Somebody from out of our state caring enough for what happens and taking time to help is nothing short of an honorary GA Mafia Member!

Hats Off and a big salute.

For the other GA members who also sent out PM's to the GA members thank you! Sometimes it takes a bit of a push to get things moving in the right direction.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is WHY a lot of the members cannot seem to find the time (trying to be K/G) to stand up to the plate and do what is need to help to get this MV bill passed while SWISS who runs a VERY fast pace company, is VERY involved in scouts, VERY involved in his kids school, VERY involved in his kids sports, plus VERY involved in his other family things (wife, and other issues), very involved in at least 2 other endeavors, all of this takes up about 30 hours a day of his time, YET he is doing this MV thing, which is NOT really for him BUT for All members that have these newer trucks. If anybody has a reason NOT to push this bill though it is Mr. SWISS, this push takes a LOT of plain old fashion TIME, this MEANS something else HAS TO SUFFER, It is VERY frustrating to see this while the NON-DOERS (again K/G) seem to sit on there thumb.[thumbzup]

It sorta looks like about 80% or better of the people that are supporting and helping to get this bill (senate bill 392) into law have VERY BUSY SCHEDULES, hum why is that, I just do not understand. What we ARE seeing here is the same as this country as a whole, at one time EVERYBODY stood up and helped carry the load (made things easy for everybody and THINGS GOT DONE), now days a FEW carry the load, while the rest just standby and watch and betch that enough is not being lifted fast enough.

For those who DO NOT like my thoughts on NOM-DOERS (again K/G) you can REPLACE the thumb with your like.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks