• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the best I can find related to helping find your representative. THis is set to Georgia,

http://votesmart.org/officials/GA/L/georgia-state-legislative#.UxsepvldWSo

directions

1.) Click on link
2.) if you type your ZIP code in the top right search bar and search you will get results below
3.) You will get an error message at the top of the results page but go down to the + sign that says STATE LEGISLATION and click on the + sign, it will open up with your representatives

mtullis

Reply I received from my representative.[thumbzup]
"Thanks for the note. This bill was not on my radar. I will watch for it in the House. Senator Gooch is a good friend. I am sure this is a good bill.Sincerely,
Dan Gasaway"

zout

Reply I received from my representative.[thumbzup]
"Thanks for the note. This bill was not on my radar. I will watch for it in the House. Senator Gooch is a good friend. I am sure this is a good bill.Sincerely,
Dan Gasaway"

NOW that tell you WHY in plain simple English WHY the House reps in everyone's district needs to be either e mailed or called.
It totally explains as well WHY SS members are not reading this thread - coming in at the last minute - say oh humbug and clicking off - just too many things to explain low acceptance of what needs to be done in an extremely short amount of time.

I was going to post some facts but I decided not to - anyone with a 1986 and later MV in GA will find out anyhow if this does not pass - nice lawn ornaments.

Please post up so we can get a feel for those contacting their House Rep's and especially like stated above - any acknowledgement of any type of response from them.

What is even more amazing to me is - folks do not even know WHO their House Rep and Senate district members are - AHH AMERICA - that is why we added the contact list - so it would help you at least to make a call or e mail.

Short time to get this done - get on the keyboard - get on the phone Georgia members.

poppop

I e-mailed my rep to give her a heads up. I contacted Her 4 weeks ago and informed Her what we were trying to do. I am sure we can count on Her support. Also e-mailed my Senator to express my thanks and got a personal reply from Him.

JOECOOL48

I emailed the committee members yesterday and have not had any bounce or any non-delivery messages so I presume they are all good.
tqgrice@aol.com,
bubberepps@gmail.com,
paul.battles@house.ga.gov,
timothy.barr@house.ga.gov,
johnnie.caldwell@house.ga.gov,
demetrius.douglas@house.ga.gov,
wayne.howard@house.ga.gov,
darryl.jordan@house.ga.gov,
david.stover@house.ga.gov,
john.yates@house.ga.gov,
alan@alanpowell.net

Representative Epps answered: Thank you Joe, I will be carrying that Bill in the House. E-mail as many Reps.as you can asking for their support.

Rep Bubber EppsHD 144

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congressman Epps is our Bill sponsor, thank you joe cool for reaching out, it is important that we properly recognize his effort as the House Sponsor if you have friends in your district. Otherz please thank the fine gentleman from Georgia for his efforts. Good news on all those reporting in and thank you for taking the time to effect change. That is what makes this country the United States of America

Danman

On Friday I contacted my representative by phone and by an email. Do I need to contact the committee members? I came into this the last minute when we purchased our truck and tried to register last Wednesday.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No we don't all need to contact the committee members, focus on your representative.

Donations would be helpful :)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just put out a detailed email to all my friends and fellow scout masters I know in the northeast to start contacting their representatives next week in thier districts. Reminded them to focus on thier districts and include addresses.

If you have time push out the word and call on favors as necessary :)

zout

Don't know if your as excited just to be able to participate in an AMERICAN RIGHT as I am - but I bet there are folks here this is the first time ever doing anything like this and seeing how this Government functions in action.

Its ABSOLUTELY COOL - you having as much fun as I am ?

Here are those contact links so you do not have to keep paging back to keep up - keep em coming Georgia Folks and also for those just joining in along with the donations:
Use this link to lookup the committee members contact information
http://www.house.ga.gov/Committees/e...=97&Session=23

Use this link to lookup all the House members contact information
http://www.house.ga.gov/Representati...mbersList.aspx

Georgia House of Representative Motor Vehicle Committee Members
Rice, Tom Chairman
Epps, Bubber Vice Chairman
Battles, Paul Secretary
Barr, Timothy Member
Caldwell,Johnnie Member
Douglas, Demetrius Member
Dutton, Delvis Member
Howard, Henry "Wayne" Member
Jordan, Darry Member
Powell, Alan Member
Stover, David Member
Yates, John P Member

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny how replies that are not complimentary get yanked.

zout

I am a master at having my posts deleted - I just get over it and move on - is what it is - still trying to stay on the upside positive spirit of this as we are close and when the BILL is voted in - we can all head back and debate other things.

Rice, Tom Chairman
Battles, Paul Secretary
Barr, Timothy Member
Caldwell,Johnnie Member
Dutton, Delvis Member
Jordan, Darry Member
Powell, Alan Member
Stover, David Member
Yates, John P Member

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a master at having my posts deleted - I just get over it and move on - is what it is - still trying to stay on the upside positive spirit of this as we are close and when the BILL is voted in - we can all head back and debate other things.

Rice, Tom Chairman
Battles, Paul Secretary
Barr, Timothy Member
Caldwell,Johnnie Member
Dutton, Delvis Member
Jordan, Darry Member
Powell, Alan Member
Stover, David Member
Yates, John P Member

Yes, it is what it is..

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been in a remote area with no communications so I couldn't post. I contacted my State Representative Stephen Allison for District 8 in North Georgia. His contact information is:

stephen.allison@house.ga.gov
Tel at Capitol: 404-656-0188
Tel in District: 706-781-3929

Here is the link for others to find their State Representative: http://votesmart.org/officials/GA/L/georgia-state-legislative#.UxsepvldWSo . This link is very easy to use.

Please!!! All Georgia residents contact your State Representative and request support of SB 392! It only takes a few minutes. Ask your friends to do the same.

zout

Have my entire neighborhood calling and e mailing - now how cool is that.
For those that need the info here it is:
Here are those contact links so you do not have to keep paging back to keep up - keep em coming Georgia Folks and also for those just joining in along with the donations:

Rice, Tom Chairman
Battles, Paul Secretary
Barr, Timothy Member
Caldwell,Johnnie Member
Dutton, Delvis Member
Jordan, Darry Member
Powell, Alan Member
Stover, David Member
Yates, John P Member

thank you for everyone's help - I am hopeful you see the BIG picture here

Last edited:

zout

All my neighbors are pretty cool and know the whole program - ANYHOW ya all - today is vote day by the Transportation Committee - keep you fingers crossed and calls rolling into them at the links given above.

End of day - we should know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks