• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Georgia Department of Revenue, ie the DMV has until July 1st to be ready to allow registration of our trucks according to the new law.
Steve, since you have been the quarterback in this endeavor, I'm wondering if you may like to contact the GADMV and offer them our/your professional expertise in setting up their system for registration of FMVs?
That would be a BIG help IMO...here's why:

Folks are buying BMY/Harsco, S&S, and other FMVs that have never been "legally" registered/titled (without forced entries) in GA.

This may be a prime time to get our foot in the door and help ease the pain of making this work.

We, The Towing and Recovery Association of Georgia (TRAG) work closely with DMV, DMVS, and MCCD, and GSP to make sure their regs/procedures are within guidelines we can live with/safely and realistically.
Remember, many of these folks don't know an MV from a wheelbarrow, just as they have no ideal how to classify a wrecker without expert input.

We fought a good fight and won...now a period of reconstruction and education needs to happen.:beer:

I look forward to discussing this Friday night/Saturday at The Commander's AO.

3dAngus

PB,
The State DMV will have a contractor in place on contract to handle all that.
Very, very unlikely they are going to allow someone to come in and touch their software. Software guru's are VERY sensitive about those kinds of things.

Congratulations to Steven and Dave and all those involved in making this happen. What a fantastic job!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB,
The State DMV will have a contractor in place on contract to handle all that.
Very, very unlikely they are going to allow someone to come in and touch their software. Software guru's are VERY sensitive about those kinds of things.
Congratulations to Steven and Dave and all those involved in making this happen. What a fantastic job!
Of course I didn't mean touch any software, or touch anything really. I meant from a strictly advisory capacity...and only when needed/requested....just let them know that we are here to do things the right way and to help in any way possible.

Might be a moot point...but maybe not.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course I didn't mean touch any software, or touch anything really. I meant from a strictly advisory capacity...and only when needed/requested....just let them know that we are here to do things the right way and to help in any way possible.

Might be a moot point...but maybe not.

We we will talk more this weekend, I do have the people to discuss the issue with!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good discussin, over a large glass of Crown. Just the way to end a perfect day..........

3dAngus

Must be, cause it looks like a deuce to me, X 2.

The guy in Ron's shirt and Ron's green hat in the background is Swiss. They changed shirts. They do that sometimes cause they think they're Brothers!:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks