• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Skillzaw

PB had to calm me down this morning after taking a very reluctant auth'd 1/2 vacation day off to head to the tag office with all the paperwork in hand.

The Manager was not around - the gal helping you could see was terrified right out of the box - how it ended was the T22B form that was filled out correctly LAST YEAR is no longer accepted THIS YEAR - the form has changed. Aside from her not knowing what to do she said she would have the Manager call me - which he did.

I have the new T22B form printed off (second copy in case I spill coke on it on the way home) then call the LEO to come and do their thing once again.

Thur am the Manager is suppose to be there - and I guess I will get yiped at for having to take another 1/2 day vacation off to go there again.
The outcome was not pleasant nor my expectations - but I will just do what I gotta do. If I cannot get the vac day I am fubared till I can.
Not sure if they will do it where you are, but the deputy told me if there were any problems with my t22-b at the tag office to call him and they could fix it over the phone.

zout

Skillsaw - I am sure in your case it would be possible.

Our paperwork is much more complicated and that Manager had all we had this entire time since the beginning of all of this - and no later than a couple weeks ago he was going to check it - see what else may be needed to just talk in and get it taken care of. Friday night he called and helped PB and I with what was specifically needed and that was in hand as well.

Two things I could tell - This gal did not want to tackle it and did not wish to bother the manager when he was not there (but she did sit OUR pile of paperwork on his desk to handle this) - from there it was and still is - how he is going to get this ran through with no more issues.

I was just wishing for more and should have known better and went away with my bubble bursted was all - I'll get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that, but when did you ever had the illusion that getting 392 as law will reduce bureaucracy? Be happy that its only a form update. We run into that here every few months, irritating like heck, but such is life.

But it does ruin your day and mood and leaves a bad aftertaste on what should have been a perfect smooth experience. Just put your feet on the table with a beer and leave it behind you.

EDIT: wrote did after reading only zout's first post on this, did not see the other reactions on this page

Last edited:

hardimpact

The folks at Cobb County were very good, looked everything up and double checked everything to get it right.

WARNING: MY INSURANCE THAT I GOT MONTHS AGO WAS IN THE GA. ELECTRONIC SYSTEM, BUT THE SYSTEM KICKS IT OUT AFTER 45 DAYS --- YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY TO RESUBMIT IT!!!
Hope this saves someone (Zout) another trip. They submitted my title work, but could not process the tag, so back I go tomorrow.

Last edited:

zout

My insurance agent - I sleep with her and been married to her for around 35 years :) no problem there and I appreciate the heads up just like everyone else going and getting this done in GA.

zout

Going to head out tomorrow morning when they open and give this another attempt - the Director will be there and I will call in advance to make sure someone did not tug him away from his duty.

Zout2 made double sure on the insurance issue and wrote me another binder - NEW T22B form finished last night with a very helpful Gwinnett Co LEO officer - he kept staring down the hill at PB's K-18 - and of course I let him peek - on the way up the hill he had to check out Debs jeepy as well.

Everything laid out in order in my thick packet and a very reluctant OK to take some time off again tomorrow morning to get this done. Couple fellas know what's going on around here and know what I mean - bad time to be taking days off - or any time matter of fact.

Hopefully tomorrow by noon I can join your ranks of having a title and registration - but I am glad ya all got yours done.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Commander Warp should be at the DMW now with his ducks in a row and the Director SHOULD be there to smooth out any bumps.

I'm waiting for a good news call, email, or post on here!!:popcorn:

I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to go up there and flash my Georgia Mafia Credentials!!:naner:

Last edited:

hardimpact

I spend yesterday trying to get my insurance electronically updated. At the end of the day the Ga. system could not even find my truck to check the insurance update. Hope things go better today. By noon I will be at the tag office insisting they accept my policy in hand!

zout

WOW - just do not know where to begin - so let me begin here:

THANK YOU SWISS for seeing a problem I was having over a year ago along with other folks (original OP as well) and taking this struggle on personally - with success in a very short time.

THANK YOU - members who jumped in with donations - with phoning - e mailing and using your personal time and money even though you did not have a dog in the fight - it IS appreciated and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

THANK YOU - Admin and Moderators for sticking by the overall progression of this thread - it probably got touchy in a few areas but the members did good keeping it on track as well with your help - thanks for keeping it open.

I did not take a selfie as my phone camera sucks as most of you know.

Matt at the tag office was there - it took about an hour working through our mess of paperwork and a couple pieces needed updating to current standards (T22B and insurance). He also saved us one whole tag titling fee by us doing this another way for a very short time and then it resorts to normal (do not ask as its a long story).

JOKERS WILD is Titled and Registered in the State of Georgia - thanks all as I now am able to join your ranks on the road LEGALLY and that is what counts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:clinto::doghead::papabear:

Now.........................:driver:

And get back to work!!!!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW - just do not know where to begin - so let me begin here:
THANK YOU SWISS for seeing a problem I was having over a year ago along with other folks (original OP as well) and taking this struggle on personally - with success in a very short time.
THANK YOU - members who jumped in with donations - with phoning - e mailing and using your personal time and money even though you did not have a dog in the fight - it IS appreciated and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
THANK YOU - Admin and Moderators for sticking by the overall progression of this thread - it probably got touchy in a few areas but the members did good keeping it on track as well with your help - thanks for keeping it open.
I did not take a selfie as my phone camera sucks as most of you know.
Matt at the tag office was there - it took about an hour working through our mess of paperwork and a couple pieces needed updating to current standards (T22B and insurance). He also saved us one whole tag titling fee by us doing this another way for a very short time and then it resorts to normal (do not ask as its a long story).
Just wait til they find out all that paperwork I gave you is bogus!!!:naner:

Last edited by a moderator:

hardimpact

Still no tag: so the lady at the state tells me my insurance co is not putting in the vin correctly, not enough numbers.... what the.... and its not the states problem!! Now my insurance co has to call the state and try to get it done next week. Very frustrating. (back story: insurance has to be electronic is what I am being told)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Still no tag: so the lady at the state tells me my insurance co is not putting in the vin correctly, not enough numbers.... what the.... and its not the states problem!! Now my insurance co has to call the state and try to get it done next week. Very frustrating. (back story: insurance has to be electronic is what I am being told)
This thing is going to happen on a case by case basis and there will be different problems pop up at every different tag office until the system settles down and folks get familiar with it. We are just going to have to grin and bear it and work our way thru the issues.

When I registered Proud American (no title, too old in GA) the DMV kicked back the initial request due to the very short serial number the insurance company submitted (and was on the certificate of insurance submitted with the registration request). I took a close up pic of the data plate with the serial# and had a Sergeant from the Auto Theft Unit certify the plate was on the truck and correct.

Now...remember, this was years ago and it's possible that some supervisor just pressed the magic button and allowed the registration but I hope that's not the case.

Give it a while folks and just roll with the punches for now...it's gonna take some time.

Remember...Rome wasn't built in a day. I heard it took almost a year!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks