• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LeRoi Mack M123

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another great save, Dirt! Will this be a restoration, or are you going to use this rig as a parts truck for the other gasser?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you need parts trucks there are two parked near me...belong to the guy that bought my M816......he will sell them but shipping them south will be a kick in the budget.

They are rough but one may be a runner and I'm sure spare parts aren't getting any easier to find.

Dirt71

Another great save, Dirt! Will this be a restoration, or are you going to use this rig as a parts truck for the other gasser?
As much as I would like to have two complete gas tractors I think this one will end up being a donor, but you never know , this is a very restorable truck even as rough as it looks. The first thing Im going to do is see if it will run.
[thumbzup]

Dirt71

Well, Ol'Rusty showed up yesterday. There's not a single piece of sheet metal thats useable. except the side access panels for the engine. I found out from the truck driver that it has been sitting for more than 20 yrs. His father works for the company as a crane operator and he remembered as a teenager riding in it when his father parked it right where it was sitting. I will do some cleaning on the fuel system and change the oil and prime the oil system up and see if it will run.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat save, Dirt. The sheet metal doesn't look that bad, but you would know better. Even if it's just a parts truck, there's a lot of good parts there to save.

I attached a few pics I saved up over the years of different paint patterns I have seen on M123s and M125s, perhaps they might find a home on one of your big ten-tons.

Attachments

Dirt71

Worked on going thru this truck this weekend. Changed the oil and filters, fixed up a fuel can with an electric fuel pump. There was dirt doppers like crazy all in the air intake, even found one behind the choke flap. Finally got the engine spinning over under it's own power with the plugs out to build oil pressure then I put fuel to it an off she went, after more than 20 yrs it came to life. It's pretty loud in the video because the left side exhaust is completly rotted away. I was having some pretty serious buyers remorse after buying this truck, but all that went away when it fired off.
Enjoy the video.

Attachments

joeM62

Man that almost sounds like a 6602. Besides the body not a bad running old girl. Wonder if SECO still has their m125 and their m123's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks