• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lifting a stock deuce

stinkbait75

Im looking to buy a deuce but want to lift it with larger tires but dont want to have to do extensive fabrication and have a slim budget. Does anyone have any suggestions?:grd::grd:

KsM715

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Whats your idea of big tires? The trucks can be fitted with super singles (385's/395's I cant ever remember those numbers) with out a lift or much fab work.

Slim budget? Again how much? Just tires and wheels will set you back a grand or 2.

If you actually want to put a lift under the truck well that cant be done without fab work or on a slim budget.

Sturgell

I put 395/85r20 MVT's on mine with no lift, that is a 46" tire BTW. It doesn't rub and it drives ok but it definitely isn't for everyone. I don't know what your exact use for it is but I think you would be surprised at what a stock one can do.

Danger Ranger

Holy smokes....how many newb mistakes can we get in one thread? lol.

Read, that's my advice. Do lots of reading, for years if you have to, and then when you think you are done, read some more.

When you have an idea of the tires and their sizes available for a deuce, then come ask this question again. Lifting a deuce is almost, but not quite unheard of, especially compared to normal pickups and such. You just don't say: "Hi I bought a deuce, can you help me find a lift kit?". Anyone here will tell you these are old trucks that you will need to get a grip on first, before jumping into something like a lift on a deuce...which, 90% of the time, is unnecessary.

This all sounds pretty harsh, I will give you that, and I don't want to run you off, but research is required on this kinda thing. Grab your tough skin, read for a bit, get a deuce and drive it, then you will know whether you need a lift or not. Clear as mud?

Good luck.

jdknech

this OP, was me 5 years ago... danger ranger put it pretty nicely.. you would be amazed at what they can do stock, or with 395/85-R20's (46" tires) just READ READ READ! there is tons and tons of info here, i have learned soooooo much from here, and not just about MV's.. but people, and not posting about auctions, or our guber-ment.. (last part was meant as a joke)

stinkbait75

I was thinking like 53s but if the 395s will fit I will probably look into those while i do more research. I would like to eventually bob it but I dont have the facilites or time at the moment oh and will the 395s fit on a stock duece rim, I know you cant put dual rear tires with them, but help me out a little.

I thought thats what forums where for? No offense

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easiest way to put the massive 53 inch tires on a deuce is to buy a five ton. Unless your idea of slim is 3-5K.

jdknech

I was thinking like 53s but if the 395s will fit I will probably look into those while i do more research. I would like to eventually bob it but I dont have the facilites or time at the moment oh and will the 395s fit on a stock duece rim, I know you cant put dual rear tires with them, but help me out a little.

all fourms are different... and you have to step back and see what type your in before you plow ahead..

but to answer your question, you can not fit 53's without MAJOR mods, and lots of fab.. the axles would have to be spread apart to keep the tires from hitting..

Danger Ranger

STOP

Step back, take an hour, just one hour, and search for each question you have asked so far.
-Deuce lifts
-deuce tire sizes
-deuce tires
-places to buy military trucks (touchy subject here, be careful.) You read the rules right?
-check our classifieds on this site, trucks everywhere...

Read, any questions you have asked have been answered thousands of times. Yes, forums are for helping others in a similar hobby, but forums have archives and old threads for a reason: this one. Take some time to read, and all of the questions you have asked are right at the top of the list of things most easily found.

We are trying to help you, and in the long run, you will thank all of us. I guarantee it. Good luck.

Last edited:

The King Machine

The 395s max size for a stock deuce. The tandem rear axles will not allow any larger. The tires will touch or just plain not fit. It's the center to center measurement of the rear axles.
You want larger tires....bob it. Custom leaf spring mounting plates, 53's, and an 60% percent increase in testicle size.

Dupe you tripped on the noob wire and popped a flare.

Last edited:

GHall

A M939 series A1-2 (5 Ton) comes with 49" 14.00xR20 super singles already and can fit the 53" 16.00xR20 tires. These trucks are reasonably priced.

happy hunting

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You never answered the question about the budget . Your looking $ 4000 and up for a decent truck and another couple grand in tires and wheels . Much over 11.00 - 20 tires isn't recomended on stock rims.

As for seaching craigslist try this site ; www.statewidelist.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks