• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Doug Roberts

I might have an extra BAE heat/ac interior unit. I have 2 units , other being the SS model. I probably will sell the one I'm not using, but I'm not ready yet. I almost thought I shouldn't toss my hat in here not knowing what my timeline will be. Which unit is the best ?

Dave

Did you ever import these? Or have them in stock? I am game to try one possibly

Seth

Gents-

A few years ago my company used to install very high quality German 24VDC rooftop A/C units (on specialty trucks buses) and we had very good luck with them (the units and manufacturer support). Installation is super quick and easy...basically, cut hole, mount unit and seal, run 2 wires, turn on - a bit over-simplified, but complete installation in 3-4 hours. At 24V they provide 12k BTU/250 CFM @ 60A (70Lbs). All controls are on the cab ceiling - in reach of driver and passenger. Parts are readily available, exterior and interior housings can be painted. Units fit into turret rounds. We are going to start importing units again, but this time in 12VDC for a different application. I can add 24V units to our orders if there is interest, particularly from this group. NOT looking for any commitments, but LMK if you'd have interest or if you have any questions. Complete units would be about $1950/each. Some pix and dims attached.

Thanks,

Dave

View attachment 643294View attachment 643295

scottmandu

Is the factory 100 amp alternator enough to power a 12,000 btu unit? A 12K but unit is ~3500W and at full capacity the alternator is a 2400W alternator. If you go with the 200 amp unit that yields 4800W of charging capacity but it also adds another grand to the price.

coachgeo

Is the factory 100 amp alternator enough to power a 12,000 btu unit? A 12K but unit is ~3500W and at full capacity the alternator is a 2400W alternator. If you go with the 200 amp unit that yields 4800W of charging capacity but it also adds another grand to the price.
Solar on roof "if" have enough space for it; like top of an S280, can help with getting needed juice. One could go unconventional with something that adds maybe as much drag on the engine as a huge alternator but like solar also offers a chance to be used when NOT mobile is a low profile of wind generator. When driving it puts drag on the rig as much as a high output alternator would but when stationary....... you can also use it for power generation. Think wide narrow squirrel cage or like
http://www.americanwindinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/18_turbine_assemblyon_car1st_gen.jpg
found at http://www.americanwindinc.com

Last edited:
Ok, understood, maybe a good reason for me to upgrade to the 200 amp alternator

Seth

We did not import yet...we are very close to a decision though. Our concern is that alternator will be operating near or at max capacity - at full blast the AC unit draws 91 Amps @ 24V.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are two weeks from installing our AC units, these are 12 v or 24 v . Ive purchased the 12 volt.
The build has been held up by the body shop.....

1086 LWB MHC
Expedition Vehicle , full bedroom king bed, sleeper sofa, round couch, elec fireplace, rock wall and full kitchen with full shower.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW the units Im installing have 2 cooling fans, and look a bit more low profile than Daves...
I dont want to sell these , but after we op check them, I will post pricing and
Availability for you to go direct... Just watch for import tariffs gotchas.. I avoided that luckily...

ramdough

We are two weeks from installing our AC units, these are 12 v or 24 v . Ive purchased the 12 volt.

1086 LWB MHC
Expedition Vehicle , full bedroom king bed, sleeper sofa, round couch, elec fireplace, rock wall and full kitchen with full shower.
I want to see pictures of everything you are doing including the camper build. Sounds pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to see this AC, we need one

Seth

1086 LWB MHC