• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locked out of deuce

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading the "lock the door then close it" trick in this post I thought to myself "Rats! I've been doing it the hard way for years".
However, today I tried it on both doors of three deuces, an M813, an M818, and an M820. All of them unlocked the doors again as they closed.

Back to climbing the fender and leaning in through the windshield...

Cheers

mcmullag

it happened to me

I locked myself out about a month ago. To
get back in, I pulled the top of the side window outward and used a straightened wire hanger, no problem. I always keep the passenger side locked and I guess I bumped the driver's side inside handle down, when I got out.

50shooter

After reading the "lock the door then close it" trick in this post I thought to myself "Rats! I've been doing it the hard way for years".
However, today I tried it on both doors of three deuces, an M813, an M818, and an M820. All of them unlocked the doors again as they closed.

Back to climbing the fender and leaning in through the windshield...

Cheers
I feel much better about our govt. design specs. knowing that this may be how it is suppose to work.

I feel much worse about my maintenance as something has caused mine not to perform per govt. desing specs.

Thanks for taking the time to test your trucks. Did you put someone inside during your testing or were you just confident?

Thanks
Jason

Jakelc15

My passenger side will stay locked when I close the door, but I don't think the drivers side will lock at all. Maybe someone had this problem with it already and disabled the lock. I have a '50 Chevy truck that auto unlocks the door when it is shut. But it has a key on the passenger side to lock it up.

joeypushjr1

so here is the question of them all......ready.. if there is not key hole and and youd have to open it threw a window.. why would you want to lock your self in the truck. but cant lock it on your way out with no way back in if you susessfully lock it . if you can go threw the windshiled or back window or pull side window out someone eles can.... ponder that a while casue it sure has me stumped.....joe

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
50shooter, I just made sure the windshield was loose before I tried it on each truck.
I lock/unlock mine by reaching in through the windshield, which I close after locking. I do this when I am going to park it somewhere for a few minutes, and I know all it does is slow someone down while they figure out how to get in. But as a temporary lock, it works. I don't leave valuables in the cab, they get locked in the toolbox. That is only slightly more secure, since a thief can get in there too if he has some tools with him, but it is going to take more time. A lock just keeps an honest man honest. It does help keep Curious George out though.

Cheers

number9

I locked myself out of my Deuce this way last weekend, with the truck running. I noticed the handles went farther forward and thought I just wasn't pushing them far enough after opening the doors. Had this thought while I was in the truck. Had NO IDEA that it actually LOCKED the doors. Got out and closed the door for a few minutes and came back and it wouldn't open :shock: Had to get a coat hanger and go in the top of the drivers window to pull the handle up to open the door.

I then had a vision........ of one of my young boys doing this while out on the road somewhere....... and tossed the coat hanger in the bed for the day that happens.

Stan Leschert

Yeah, all of these trucks come with a "Combat Lock" setting on the door handle... something rhat arose when taking supplies through impoverished areas. Just pull Up on the handle. On our M-135 (hardtop), just open the rear window (slider) or crowbar the foot level kick vent. On newer versions....I don't know yet! Pick the cheapest chunk of glass or go fishing with a coat hanger! Good luck!

Brian Thomas

This might sound stupid. If you are checking to see if the door locks, why not just roll the window down? This way you would not need to slim jim the door with a hanger or go in through the windshield? I will need to check mine but I think they will not stay locked when the door is shut.

rideni

I carry three different key rings, one for work, one for home including deuce keys, one for work vehicles and eqipment.
I came home from work and took the deuce over to NAPA to pick some stuff up before they close.
I left my home key ring in the deuce by accident.
Locked the steering wheel left the truck running and went in
Came out realized I was locked out.
I took the pick head from the tool rack and broke the weld and drove home

Flea

My doors just bounce off the door frame if you lock them and try to close them. Guess mine are special. :roll:

I lock the steering wheel and keep anything of value in the lockable tool box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks