• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a deuce, what can you tell me about these?

texas30cal

Truck 1) 1971 American General, C turbo. 10 New Tires, Soft top, electric windshield wipers, heater, fiberglass troop seats, top bows and rubberized tarp for back. I drove this truck 1100 miles on recovery. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. 34,113 miles, 425 hours (hour meter works, can’t explain the hour disparity) Clear Texas title in my name in hand. $2500
Truck 2) 1971 American General with Winch, D turbo, soft top, wood troop seats, 21,114 miles, 998 hours, good tires, some new. I drove this truck 250 miles on recovery with no problems. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. Clear Texas title in my name in hand. $3500
I am located south of Houston TX Buy both trucks for $5500. might deliver within reasonable distance. reasonable offers considered. I also have some spare parts.

I don't have any pics yet, going to talk to the owner tomorrow, possibly go look this weekend, what should I ask about?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask about reading/writing comprehension and the site rules.

zout

Then there are manuals called TM's that cover nearly every part of an MV truck built to date. Find out what truck your thinking about - read the manuals and then you can figure out what to look for and most important what your getting yourself into.
Under FORUM of this site there are TM (technical manuals) listed.

Read and learn.

texas30cal

No it definitely is NOT a classified, I am looking for one, these are fairly close to me, I made it clear that I am not the owner, just looking for some advice but I guess I won't get it here because I am too dumb.

ke5eua

:rules:

&

nopics

If you were to retitle the thread as "Looking at a deuce, what can you tell me about these?" then it wouldn't have been confusing.

Looking for, wanting to are reserved for classified.

Don't post "HELP" unless you need help that moment, as it is reserved for emergencies.​

Last edited:

rlsnide

- "Clear Texas title in my name in hand."
- "I drove this truck 1100 miles on recovery."
- "I drove this truck 250 miles on recovery with no problems."
- "Clear Texas title in my name in hand."
- "I am located south of Houston TX Buy both trucks for $5500. might deliver within reasonable distance. reasonable offers considered. I also have some spare parts."
Sounds like a classifieds to me.

-I don't have any pics yet, going to talk to the owner tomorrow, possibly go look this weekend, what should I ask about?
And then you have this sentence that contadicts a classifieds add.

Like i said very confusing post. Good luck wether you buying or selling. If you are buying and you have drove them that far there should be no questions. If your selling doesn't sound like a bad deal.

texas30cal

Definitely not a ad, I am the one possibly buying and may need to go look and make a decision, was wanting to know what to look for other than the obvious things like leaks and butchered wiring? What about the different types of turbos?

texas30cal

I should have been more clear, I should have said it was a cut and paste from his as on another board , I will most definitely read and learn but have been wanting one of these for a long time and if truck number one is as good as I think I don't want to miss it, still waiting for pics as they are 100 miles away

Flyingvan911

Sounds like the first one is a better deal but it would be best to have some one with deuce experience look them both over. Use the search on here to help answer specific questions.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices sound very reasonable.

rlsnide

Oh ok that makes more since now. Just like other guys have said. Read over the TM's. Look for the obvious like what you just stated. Check the brakes over like air pack and hoses and make sure they feel good and realease like they should . Check all the fluids and brake fluid under the door in the cab on the driver side. See if it has a TD block in it. Casted on the pasenger side front right around the Engine tag. TD has some updated internal engine features not sure what all exactly. Turbo is personal prefrence. See if it has any rebuilt tags on the truck and on the engine acessories. Both sound like a very fair deal. They are bringing well over that now a days. both for 5500 would be my rought. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks