• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a deuce, what can you tell me about these?

acesneights1

The both look like they have been sitting for along time. I would proceed carefully and never trust seller to be truthful. My seller told me it had an inj pump linkage problem....I am putting a new motor and clutch in it this weekend. Anything that has sat for more than 6 months is likely to have major issues starting with the brakes. Almost a certainty that the wheel cyls are rusted.

texas30cal

My thoughts exactly, found out that he bought them 4 yrs ago and hasn't driven in two years I do expect brake problems now especially with the humidity there he is near the coast. I am sure this has also contributed to the deteriorated appearance.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price is good for both , even $5000 or $4500 would be better . All the pieces are there but you would probably NEED both MV's to make ONE good one . However , they are going to need some big time PM's to get them into shape . They are NOT ride and drive . If I wanted a Deuce that I wanted to build up for myself I would probably go for it , just know that it will take some time and money . good luck . Bob k

texas30cal

I spoke to him and since they have been sitting he is going to get them out and running minus the batteries and clean them up, he also said he would prefer that they both went and would discount them bc of the deterioration and the fact that his wife just wants them gone. I am hoping for 4k for the pair. He also said they both have the air shift transfer cases.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get both for $4000 - $4500 , you are doing good . You could part them out for more than that . I would take him out on his offer especially if he gets them running , that way you could hear them run and drive . good luck.

texas30cal

Ok, talked to my brother in law, turns out him and his brother have always wanted one, and the best part is that he owns a big truck and a heavy equipment trailer. So it looks like unless they are just complete junk we will get both.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perfect ! and so the "GREEN ADDICTION" starts ! take lots of pictures so we can check out the new toys !!! LOL

acesneights1

Ok, talked to my brother in law, turns out him and his brother have always wanted one, and the best part is that he owns a big truck and a heavy equipment trailer. So it looks like unless they are just complete junk we will get both.
OUtstanding !!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is not a Toyota/Honda or a Chevy/Ford/Chrysler
It cost more to build than many people will ever have.
Buy it, take it home, work on it forever
It is a tactical military vehicle
Feel privileged to have it

texas30cal

I will do so, even better the deal with the brother in law is he transports, I get the winch truck with the D turbo, the 10 new tires and the best parts of the two and he gets the other cheap

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks