• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking To Buy MKT-85 Feild Kitchen

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's on my watch list just so I can see what it brings. The 1000 mile round trip factored into the equation would limit me to a maximum bid of less than $250 anyway, and it should bring more than that. I have been told there are some much closer that may be coming up soon, so I'll wait that one out. Hope someone here on SS will get it and keep it rolling!

There is no collusion in this post, as I have already decided not to bid on it. I know I cannot be the only one who has seen it. Bbest wishes to those that may bid!

MKT Stock on the Rise

I know this thread is old, but man how times have changed in the MKT World. Wish the "old" prices were still around. What happened? I guess all good things must come to an end sooner or later.

John

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this thread is old, but man how times have changed in the MKT World. Wish the "old" prices were still around. What happened? I guess all good things must come to an end sooner or later.

John
It's surprising what can happen on an auction site. I had been watching them go for $1500+ all around the country and was getting ready to plop that down plus shipping when one came up at Ft Sam that I got for $750 and towed home myself. Shortly after that I came across 3 locally that the owner wanted $1k each. It's just a matter of "keep looking" and hopefully not jumping too soon.

MKT Pricing

Yeah, guess patience and persistence pays off. I think that more MKT's are being set up at shows and more people see them in use. That equals, hey this setup is cool, I have to have one.

John

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine's been setup at the GA Rally in 2009, 2010, and 2011, crazyguypa has had his at the Aberdeen show at least two years, Cabell has had his at the NC Rally at least two years, probably longer, Green_Gator had his at the FL rally last year, thebuggyman had his at the VA rally two years ago. So, yeah, people are seeing them and getting a hankering thrown on 'em.

I have my trailer because I saw Frank's at Aberdeen 2 years ago. Since than I have had mine at the Gilbert Show 2 years and the Sussex Show 2 years (This year will be 3). Lot of good times associated with MKT's.

John

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will be the second year I've had the MKT at the Texas Military Forces Open House and American Heroes Air Show (also known as Muster) at Camp Mabry in Austin (Apr 21/22) and the Central Texas Air Show in Temple (May 4-6).

At both events last year I had dozens of people come up and say "I used to work on these." It was surprising to have more folks comment on being on the MKT than I had comment about driving the deuce at other events.

Last year I cooked 2 meals per day but we get vendor coupons at both events so this year I'll just being doing breakfast, less work and more participation. Of course they'll be regretting that once I start cooking my own jambalaya for supper and they're stuck with a ticket for a roach coach hamburger.

MKT Attention

I know what you mean. Many, many people asking questions about the trailer, the duece is invisible after you set up the trailer. I picked mine up because I thought it would be cool to go to the shows and be able to cook meals other than burgers and hot dogs. Supposed to be for just the group of guys that I go to all the shows with, our own little group. All of a sudden it is like you won the lottery, and everyone is your friend. In the end, it is a lot of fun, and you are using the equipment instead of scraping or just letting it sit at a depot somewhere. Great display of authentic military gear also.

John

Last edited:

WoundedVet

I didn't want to open a new thread for a simple question. Do any of you experienced MKT owners believe that a 7.3l diesel Excursion wouldn't be ideal when towing one?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't want to open a new thread for a simple question. Do any of you experienced MKT owners believe that a 7.3l diesel Excursion wouldn't be ideal when towing one?
NO. Unless you change the axle to add electric brakes to it you shouldn't be towing any distance without something like a M35 or M923 that can supply air and actuate the brakes.