• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana to NC and back in the Deuce

Jeepsinker

Tentatively leaving here this coming Saturday night and heading over and up to NC to pick up my next project. Got an M211 from CBRmetalworks, so if everything goes alright I will be flat towing it all the way home. He says I'm crazy, I can't disagree.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be hot and slow. Wanna put an Ontos in the deuce for ballast and bring it back for me? (Kidding)

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh boy, hope your butt is made of something strong!! Hope it all goes well, best of luck!!

Don't forget your chain to secure the steering wheel of the towed vehicle...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh boy, hope your butt is made of something strong!! Hope it all goes well, best of luck!!

Don't forget your chain to secure the steering wheel of the towed vehicle...
. I've flat towed lots of G749s and they tow ok with the steering wheel loose.

Jeepsinker

Just because I seem to remember some odd comment about it somewhere, are the shackle mounts on the M211 1", or 15/16'? Michael, I'm going to bring your tires to you when I come through. Hope you have a way to unload them. You still have a set of tow lights I can borrow?
I think I am going through Atlanta, so maybe I can link up with some members of this infamous "Georgia Mafia".

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you're taking the southern route through Mobile, rather than Birmingham. Those hills between B'ham and Atlanta would make for some slow speeds on the interstate. My butt hurts just thinking of that drive - 3 hrs in a spring seat is about my max. before stopping, and 8 hrs a day is a loooonnng day.

ke5eua

Just because I seem to remember some odd comment about I somewhere, are the shackle mounts on the M211 1", or 15/16'? Michael, I'm going to bring your tires to you when I come through. Hope you have a way to unload them. You still have a set of tow lights I can borrow?
I think I am going through Atlanta, so maybe I can link up with some members of this infamous "Georgia Mafia".
Yeah, I'll text you the address where to bring them. I have the iv cable I made and could fab up something with the lights that toaster gave you with an angle piece from home depot, and some magnets. Be yours to keep if as I really don't have a need for it, and they are your lights, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks