• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV: 2005 Chevy Crew Cab, Fl to VA and back.

harleyhouse

Your truck has cleaned up well.
I have a civy 2002 2500HD Crew and love it.
Same grey vinyl interior with rubber floor " no gun mount "

1. Keep the window regulators greased with good waterproof grease.
2. once a month spray the window rubber with silicone or clear lube to ease operation. " they dry out fast when washed alot and make the glass bind"
3. Do not slide off the seats to get out of the truck, get a step or nerf bars. The side slide pulls on the stitching and rips the seats.
4. Keep protectant on all of the plastic interior parts, the grey fades fast. My truck still looks like new but other work trucks I have seen are faded to white.

keep us posted on the progress.
It is a cool truck!

o1951

My fan was not working on heater/AC, so I checked all the fuse's. Then I checked the fan motor. Fan motor missing the wire hook-up. looks like they cut the wiring harness for some reason behind the glovebox.:|
Blower wheel looks clean, like it was barely used. I would lube the motor bearings and wire her up.

Judging by the amount of rust, interior has been very damp or maybe wet.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Phil, those wires(heater fan wire) are notorious for getting snagged on stuff. I'd bet it was yanked out on accident and some hack just cut it off so it wasn't hanging out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks